Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Problem Sets Drills

Coolmama09Coolmama09 Alum Member
in General 156 karma
I'm starting got do the problem sets as drills. Should I time myself to see how long it takes me or set a count down timer for 7 min.

Comments

• notwilliamwallacenotwilliamwallace Alum Member
    1049 karma
    It would be ideal if you could time yourself as it gives you great habits for when it's most needed, however, don't be too hard on yourself if you can't do the sets in the allocated time. It takes practice before you get to that stage, but I promise you that you will soon be ready for it.

Be sure to blind review the problem sets like crazy after the timed problem set section. The blind review process is what will lead you to become an LSAT pro. Also be sure to pay detailed attention to why the right answer is right and why the wrong answer is wrong. Quality is always better than quantity (of course, quantity without any compromise in quality is ideal). Doing 10 questions quickly without much thought afterwards will be less effective than doing three questions but reviewing the hell out of those three.
  • draj0623draj0623 Alum Member
    916 karma
    When I was practicing with the problem sets, I would time each question individually and then BR. The goal would be roughly 1:24 per question. When I felt like my time was running low or that time had exceeded 1:24, I would select the answer I would have chosen under timed conditions in a real PT and then followed up on all questions with the blind review process. When in BR, it is important to take your time. This is probably why it took me much longer than anticipated to complete the curriculum but I do feel like this was an important part of my learning process.
  • Coolmama09Coolmama09 Alum Member
    156 karma
    @draj0623 , thanks that's a really good tip. Appreciate it!
    156 karma
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    To me, rIght now it is more important to make sure that you have process does right than to be worring about timing, or rushing through and taking shortcuts. You have the ultimate, so you have a lot of drill sets to work with, so you could make sure you have the fundamentals down, drilling about 90% and then add in the timing component.

I wouldn't time on drills until you have your accuracy where you want it. The more solid your fundamentals are the quicker you will naturally become at the questions and you will get a LOT of timing practice in once you get to the PT stage.
    edited July 2016 156 karma
    @stepharizona , thank you. You answered my question perfectly. The ultimate gives me easy and medium sets. Would you say the Ultimate+ is worth it for the hard sets? T.Y.V.M