Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lower BR score?

LsatbreakingnewsLsatbreakingnews Alum Member
in General 392 karma
So i'm currently going through the curriculum and when I go to blind review my answers I only change a couple, however about 80% of those tend to be wrong? My original answer is usually right. Am I just overthinking things? Anyone else have this problem?

Comments

• danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma
    I think this is usually a case of you not fully understanding the question and the logic within it. At least for me, my scores (and as a result, my correct answers) did not properly reflect my understanding of the test. I've been studying for a while now; a year ago, I was able to score in the low 170s, and I'm still stuck at this point, but my understanding of the test as well as my performance on BR has improved, especially the former.

Also, try writing down your explanations for why an answer is right or wrong before checking your answer. Basically, do this during BR. Also, try to use a clean copy for BR.
  • Darth JuristDarth Jurist Member
    453 karma
    I used to have this problem. Essentially, you lucked out on your original answer and really did not grasp the logic of the question in BR. Writing out why each incorrect answer is wrong and why the correct one is right is an awesome way to get into BR mode. It is possible to overthink while in the BR process, and it does happen. Chances are you simply need a better foundation, which you get from the core curriculum. Take your time in that phase. You are developing the skills necessary to attack PTs under timed constraints.