Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Preptests to take

mariejohnsondahlmariejohnsondahl Free Trial Member
in General 4 karma
So I just read that it's beneficial to save the more recent preptests for when you're closer to the test date. I'm taking the September test and I already took a few of the more recent ones. Is that bad? Also, is it worth it to just focus on the ones in the 50s and 60s right now and then approach the recent ones later? How far back should I be going? Thanks!!

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27860 karma
    There is debate about this; so assuming you're ready for the PT study phase in the first place, I definitely don't think it's bad that you've taken some recent tests. The two schools of thought go something like this:

1. Save the more recent PTs until the end. They are the most similar to the real test you will be taking so it's important to save them for closer to time.

or

2. Skip around in the PTs. The most recent PTs are the most similar to the real test you will be taking, so it's important to expose yourself to that material while you can still react to it and adjust your studying accordingly.

I side pretty heavily with the second school of thought. You definitely don't want to take them right out of the curriculum, but once you start getting comfortable with the PT process and feel like you've got a solid grasp of the fundamentals, it's time to start working them in to see how you perform on the modern tests. There are some subtle differences to LR and some new, weird game types. You don't want to start experiencing that with only a few weeks to go before the real thing.
  • draj0623draj0623 Alum Member
    916 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" Thank you! I agree with you and also side with the second school of thought. I was in the same position as @mariejohnsondahl while planning my PT/BR schedule since I noticed the BR group does a bit of jumping around in the PTs chosen for review on the calendar.
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" pretty much covered it. If you've only done a few, you should be fine. Prior to 7Sage, I took another prep course. Unfortunately, said course had many of us PTing before we were even ready (we could have opted out, but I was still early in my studies and foolish). I think I've wasted 6 or so PTs from the 60- ~70 range. No big deal, I have plenty more and intend on retaking those "wasted" tests.