Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How often should I be taking practice test?

CiscoDiscoCiscoDisco Alum Member
in General 12 karma
So, I have the LSAT beginners package. I have been studying since for 2 1/2 months now. I am at the invalid arguments section. I was initially planning on taking practice test on my own once I finished all the sections on here (to be extremely familiar with everything). However, I have been told by friends that they took 2-3 practice test a week. Is that the smart thing to do? I am taking my LSAT in September. Should I start putting more focus on the actual prep tests vs the lesson plans? Any advice is greatly appreciated!!

Comments

• leejayleeleejaylee Alum Member
    218 karma
    First of all... forget what your friends tell you. They aren't the ones writing the test for you. Everyone works at the LSAT at a different pace. You take the test when you feel like you're ready to test yourself. If you feel that you have a solid grasp of all the question types, you should give it a go.

I strongly recommend you finish that package before attempting a Practice Test. Only YOU know if you're ready to take one on.

If you're getting majority of the practice questions correct under timed conditions, I don't see why you can't give a few PTs a shot. Remember, you're the one writing the test, not anyone else.

A PT is basically a practice test to "measure" what you have learned. If you keep doing them without knowing the foundations of the LSAT, you're just wasting them in my opinion.

Keep at it, don't rush, there's still lots of time left before September.
  • CiscoDiscoCiscoDisco Alum Member
    12 karma
    Thank you for your response, it really calmed my
    nerves down! I will keep pushing myself.
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    @leejaylee said:
    A PT is basically a practice test to "measure" what you have learned. If you keep doing them without knowing the foundations of the LSAT, you're just wasting them in my opinion.
  • LSAT StudentLSAT Student Alum Member
    156 karma
    Go through the lessons then tackle practice tests with thorough BR and understand why each answer choice is correct/incorrect.
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    As often as you can without running the risk of burnout and without having to half-ass your BR session.