Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Schedule

muncy.sarahmuncy.sarah Free Trial Member
in General 4 karma
Hello, everyone! My name is Sarah, and I am new to the community. I want to see if anyone would help me with a schedule (I apologize if this is against the rules, and if so please delete, but I truly am clueless.)
I have been taking practice quizzes for months now, but I am looking to commit to a schedule. I take the LSAT in December. The only thing is I have an extremely busy schedule, and unfortunately there is nothing I can really cut down on. I am 23, and I am a senior at a university, graduating in December. I have to take five classes to graduate. I work full-time as a legal assistant, and I can't cut down from 40 hours because I have to support my family. Lastly, and most importantly, I have a 1-year-old daughter. I see people studying 6+ hours a day, and that certainly is not feasible for me. Two hours a day seem more feasible.
I of course would love to score in the 170s, but I have my goals currently set on 160. I spend a lot of time in the car commuting, so I've been listening to audiobooks trying to utilize that time. I have also purchased numerous books. Overall, I am overwhelmed but completely dedicated to do well while balancing my life. I have a dream to attend law school, and I refuse to let anything get in the way of that all while making my baby girl proud. If you may, please send any and all tips my way. I truly appreciate it.

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @muncy.sarah Hey, and welcome to the 7Sage community! :)

OK, so first and foremost don't take the LSAT until you are absolutely ready. With only 2 hours a day to study, it is going to take a bit longer than those of us who study for more. So I advise you to not take in December and instead give yourself the time you need to learn this test without the unnecessary stress of a date which you are 100% in control of. The LSAT is one of the only test where YOU get to choose when you take it. Imagine if all tests were like that? I can't think of one where I wouldn't have chosen to take the extra time and get an A, rather than rush to get a lesser grade.

Also, if you are working and short on time, I highly, HIGHLY recommend the 7Sage course. It is the best value as far as affordability, but it is also very convenient for someone who has a busy schedule like yourself.

1) You can watch/listen to the lessons as you commute (Assuming you're not driving, lol)
    2) The lessons are all broken up into like 5 minute segments so you can watch them on breaks from work, during your commutes, etc. Heck, I watched a lesson on Weakening questions a couple weeks ago while waiting for my food I ordered at lunch. So the way the lessons/curriculum are set up seem to make a lot of sense for someone like yourself. (I also work, and go to school, so I get it) Also having the course at your fingertips is great because I can watch videos and do problems sets--*included with the course*--on my iPhone 6+ when I'm bored at work. Which tends to be often, lol.

3) 7Sage provides you with a customized schedule. This is one of my favorite features. It literally breaks it up week by week for you and you set the goal of when you want to be done with the course. And the best part is, you can adjust it anytime. I recently just decided I was going through the core curriculum too quickly and dialed it back. So now my studying is at a very manageable 15-18 hours a week for 7Sage. That is about 2.5 hours a day, and totally doable with work/school/other responsibilities.

4) Anytime you have any questions, this community is great at helping. Since I've been a member I've never had a question someone didn't could help me with. The community on here is by far my favorite part.

The Starter course I have was only $179. I can't recommend it enough. There is also a 14 day trial to see if you like it. And once you have the starter you can upgrade anytime.

As far as tips I have when working/school/life ...

I recommend studying before work if you can. I always seem to do better when I do that because after work/class I don't want to study, lol. But if that's not possible for you I wouldn't worry as I do the majority of my prep after work.

Think in terms of learning not hours studied. I set my goals to go through a certain number of lessons/question types per day. Sometimes that takes an hour or two, and other days a lot longer,.

Set the same time everyday aside to study. Pretty soon your body and brain get used to it and start to expect.

Utilize your weekends. Especially with class and work, try to use your weekends wisely. Saturday is my long day studying and I get a lot done. Just be sure to break it up into shorter study sessions so you stay efficient.

Lastly, take days off! Don't burn yourself out. I recommend an entire day a week off from anything LSAT related. I do better after a day off believe it or not. I'm refreshed and ready to get to work.

I hope some of these random tips help a bit! Good luck :)