Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best time to study?

El DuderinoEl Duderino Alum Member
in General 137 karma
I work full time, and get home pretty tired. So far, I have studied in the evenings. But seems like, I can do better if I try studying in the morning. Any suggestions? What's your ideal time to study?

Comments

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    Don't study when you're tired! I suggest studying in the morning. You'll be taking the LSAT in the morning most likely anyway so might as well get accustom to it :)
    11542 karma
    Studying for the LSAT is technically a full time job so it will be hard to juggle no doubt. Many people decide to either work part time or not at all during this time but if you don't have that luxury then you have to work with what's best for you!
  • El DuderinoEl Duderino Alum Member
    137 karma
    Thanks Montaha,
    I will give early mornings a shot; see how it goes. 3 hours every morning is what my goal is right now. And no, I do not have luxury to quit or just work part time. Oh well, gotta do what you gotta do, right?

El Duderino
    11542 karma
    Hey it's alright @rush2vivid you'll l persevere if this what you really want and you'll figure out what's best for you as the weeks go on but no matter what I think starting in the morning should work in your favor :)
    137 karma
    @montaha.rizeq thanks again!
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @rush2vivid I second @montaha.rizeq 's advice. If you're working full time, like god knows I am, studying in the morning is probably best. It is quite hard to study at night after a long day of work. However, I know @"Nicole Hopkins" mentioned in her webinar that she would study after work AND before work. Sometimes, you just can't do all you want in the am, so you may have to do stuff at night too.

I study at night as well, and I've noticed that if you get in the habit of studying at the same time every day after work, it isn't so bad. I try to do 2 in the mornings and at least 3-4 at night. It seems to work well so long as you take breaks when needed.

137 karma
    @alex divine thanks for your input. I am gonna try the AM and see how it goes. Thinking 3hrs in the AM before work. I started studying a month ago and planning to take my test on December.
    11542 karma
    Curious @rush2vivid, what time do you start and finish work?
    137 karma
    @montaha.rizeq I start at 9 and finish at 7.
  • 181please181please Member
    edited August 2016 171 karma
    Just make sure waking up that much earlier and studying doesn't affect your job and/or be smart about it and gradually work towards waking up earlier/sleeping earlier and studying. I only say this because I did the same thing and started waking up earlier to study and because of that I started slacking a bit at work because I was mentally exhausted when I actually got into the office.
    137 karma
    @Whenwillmy180show Thank you for your input. Yes, it will probably take me few days to really get into the AMs. I started today, and I think it's much better than the evenings. But it will take me a while to get the most out of mornings.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27829 karma
    So one thing I did for awhile, which is admittedly a little extreme, is I completely rearranged my sleep cycle. I was working 6am - 2pm and I shifted my sleep schedule so that I'd sleep from about 4pm to midnight. Then I'd wake up and study fresh until it was time to go to work. It was a little crazy, but I was able to study while I was rested. Work was just so exhausting I couldn't do anything afterwards. So I figured it was really inefficient to spend 1/3 of my day working, 1/3 exhausted, and 1/3 sleeping. So I just rescheduled everything to be where I needed it. It make work a little more exhausting, but I don't need to be razor sharp for work in the same way that I do for productive LSAT studying.
    137 karma
    @cant get right , Thanks for your input, I started studying in the AM. I like it better, I think so far. I try to study like an hour or so before I go to bed. I started going to bed at 9 and getting up at 4 and studying until 7:30. Since my sleep cycle is drastically changed, its ( changed study hours) not so effective yet. But I think after few days I will get the hang of it. Thanks for sharing your input again!
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27829 karma
    Yeah, I like the morning better too because it’s a morning test unless you’re a weird June person. I’ve now shifted my sleep pattern to align with what I want to do on test day. That way test day will be just another day as far as morning schedule and routine go.
    11542 karma
    @rush2vivid said:
    I started today
    It will be rocky at first no doubt...they key is to stay consistent and be strict on yourself, eventually it will be second nature.