Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thinking about getting 7Sage but where do I get the LG bundle?

jaymasonman13jaymasonman13 Free Trial Member
in General 48 karma
Yo everyone!

I am thinking about getting 7Sage and have a question before I pick which package to buy. I have been watching the free LG explanations on YouTube and keep hearing the instructor keep referencing going through the logic games" bundle" ? Which package includes that? I searched the site and some had said they are no longer available? Is that for all packages?

And if they are no longer available than what should I do instead? It seems like I'm screwed for LG is I don't have access to the bundle. I'm someone who wants to buy the best package and do it just like the instructor said to ensure I can improve on games. They are by far my worst section... Any advice on where to get them? And for those of you that don't have the bundle, what do you use instead?

TYIA

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited August 2016 23929 karma
    @jaymasonman13

The LG Bundles are no longer available due to the LSAC banning pdf documents...

Instead of using the bundle I think another alternative is just getting all the logic games from practice tests 1-35 and organizing them by type yourself to make your own packet. This is the best way imo. There are also drill by type books that you can find online that have just LGs from the PTs that the bundle had. But I think it makes more sense to buy the full PTs so you have the entire tests. Then you can just photocopy the LG sections and use an online chart (I'll message you one when I find it) to organize them yourself.

It is definitely still worth it to get the Ultimate +, because you will get the video explanations for all the PTs 36-77 and tons of more really helpful things. One of my favs being the question bank with 1900+ questions that you can organize by type and difficulty.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27821 karma
    Yeah, the pdf ban sucks for everyone who’s just starting out. It’s so ill conceived for so many reasons. It’s not even in their self interest. They made a lot of money from pdfs. The reasoning behind the ban was that they didn’t want people sharing the files, lol. Obviously they don’t know how the internet works. So yeah, you’ll have to assemble the bundle on your own. There are 20 tests that are impossible to find for reasonable price: 1 - 6 plus a few more random ones from really early on, and 41 - 50. Unless you want to spend $500+ for each of those Real Actual books, you’re not going to be able to find those. There are a few books with some of these tests broken down into question types, so you can use those for drills. Here’s a link to a thread of where you can find everything: https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/2770/list-of-affordable-pts-paperback-hard-copy
    And welcome to 7Sage!
  • jaymasonman13jaymasonman13 Free Trial Member
    48 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" Thanks bro. The LSAT people suck for that. I guess I will be using my credit cards a bit. The good news is my sister in law has almost all the old LSAT actual books she is going to give me. She studied for the LSAT about 10 years ago and still has her stuff. So hopefully she will have the expensive ones.
  • jaymasonman13jaymasonman13 Free Trial Member
    48 karma
    @"Alex Divine" Yooo you are seriously the f*ckin man! I'm going to go with the Ultimate + and utilize the question bank and explanations. That sounds dope af.
    27821 karma
    @jaymasonman13 said:
    She studied for the LSAT about 10 years ago and still has her stuff.
    Score!
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited August 2016 23929 karma
    Sounds like a plan! @jaymasonman13

If she has the old actual books, that would be awesome!
    And yeah, the LSAC ban really upset me. I was lucky because I knew of the ban ahead of time and purchased what I'd need pdf wise. Still though, it makes little sense to ban companies like 7Sage from utilizing them, especially since LSAC is making money too.
    Oh well, minor 1st world problems. If you get the Ultimate + you'll have tons of questions to use to drill from and you'll be able to get your hands on the tests you need. So don't sweat it!

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    edited August 2016 11542 karma
    Nice @jaymasonman13 ! Erase the shit out of the old PT books and get work done! :D
  • Accounts PlayableAccounts Playable Live Sage
    edited August 2016 3107 karma
    @"Cant Get Right"

Yeah, the pdf ban is pretty stupid. I've thought about it a lot over the past few months, and the only thing I can come up with is either the LSAC is planning to just release these tests in the future at a higher price than they were licensing it out (or something like this where their expected profit from selling the early PTs exceeds what they were earning from the licensing); make it harder for people to study (not sure why they would want this, though); or they plan on heavily reusing games, RC passages, or LR questions (albeit mostly likely modified still so it isn't the same exact question).

I'm not sure what's more likely; maybe a combo of reasons 2 and 3? It's not unheard of for the LSAC to reuse a game/game types, but change a few words around. In any case, it's a pretty strange policy that does nothing but hurt those that want to get better at the LSAT (i.e. probably the type of person the legal profession should want to attend law school).

It sort of reminds me of what one of my favorite law professors in my masters said to me: "It's no wonder why most lawyers are assholes; their first experience with the profession is the LSAT."
    27821 karma
    @"Accounts Playable" said:
    It's not unheard of for the LSAC to reuse a game/game types, but change a few words around.
    Yeah, I ran into my first straight up repeat game today actually. Feb ’97 Game 3 is the Clan Ceremony Game from PT 13. Literally the exact same game they just changed it to trains instead of clans. Which made that game really easy, so I hope they do something like this on the Sept test!

I think you’re right about their reasoning, those seem to be the most likely candidates. So dumb. It’s probably a combination of all three, with a lot of extra emphasis on the money. I just wish they saw “make it harder for people to study” as a larger deterrent.
    "It's no wonder why most lawyers are assholes; their first experience with the profession is the LSAT."
    I like that, lol. I don’t mind the LSAT so much, but I am glad I don’t have to interact with LSAC any more than I already do. The PDF ban really does sour me on them.
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    edited August 2016 11542 karma
    make it harder for people to study (not sure why they would want this, though)
    Especially considering law school applications are at an all time low for the States anyway.
    "It's no wonder why most lawyers are assholes; their first experience with the profession is the LSAT."
    HAH, true that.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @montaha.rizeq said:
    Nice @jaymasonman13 ! Erase the shit out of the old PT books and get work done! :D
    I recommend getting a good foam eraser!