Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

High PT score followed by low score

nantesorkestarnantesorkestar Alum Member
in General 431 karma
Does anyone experience scoring high on a PT (above your average) and then taking your next one, only to find you dipped below your average? I notice this pattern frequently. Could this perhaps be overconfidence? This was PT#71, which I found pretty difficult too. Whatever the case might be, it is very frustrating because I am still 5-6 points away from my goal.

Comments

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    @nantesorkestar said:
    Could this perhaps be overconfidence?
    Perhaps...figure out where you went wrong...since you're only 5-6 points away from your goal you should be seeing that score on your last 5 PTs before you take the LSAT.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27821 karma
    Consistency increases with your abilities. I’d generally expect less fluctuation from a 175 average, for example, because to get to that average requires having essentially eliminated all weaknesses. On the other hand, a 150 average is more prone to being susceptible to variances from one test to the next. One test may happen to take it easy on your individual weaknesses, which will cause you to over perform. The next may test those same weaknesses more frequently and at higher levels causing you to underperform. So to increase consistency, increase your mastery of the material. The under average tests may not feel good, but they are far more important. If you listen to what they say, they will tell you exactly what you need to know to improve.
  • BruiserWoodsBruiserWoods Member Inactive ⭐
    1706 karma
    Yeah. As you get further along in your studies, you'll stop having major fluctuations that vary by 10 + points. It has to do with refining all the weaknesses, and different tests expose or disguise your weaknesses.
  • nantesorkestarnantesorkestar Alum Member
    431 karma
    Thanks everyone! I've been pretty upset about it but I'm going to review this test again and see what went wrong.