Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAT Vocab!?

in General 103 karma
Hey y'all,
sorry if this was an already started discussion, but do y'all have any recommendations on ways to study up on common vocabulary on the LSAT? What I mean by common vocab are essentially just long words that LSAT writers like to use often that they know could throw off test takers? I haven't gotten too far in my course just yet, but I couldn't find anything for it in the curriculum. I know that reading helps, and I do read a lot, but I've missed quite a bit of questions because I won't understand one word in the AC. I thought I'd ask!

Thanks y'all!

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @LSATismeh ,

Hey,

Don't worry ---- JY eventually goes over all of this stuff in the lessons...

Here is a link I have personally found to be pretty helpful:

http://lsatblog.blogspot.com/2010/01/logical-reasoning-vocabulary-words.html

@LSATismeh said:
    What I mean by common vocab are essentially just long words that LSAT writers like to use often that they know could throw off test takers?
    Not exactly sure what you mean by this? If you mean just more or less advanced vocal there is really no way to know what the LSAT will use next. Generally speaking if I have ever come across a word I didn't understand on the test, I can usually figure out what it means by the context of the sentence surrounding it.
  • 103 karma
    Thank you @"Alex Divine" !! the blog post is really helpful!
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @LSATismeh said:
    Thank you @"Alex Divine" !! the blog post is really helpful!
    No problem! I found that a couple months back when I began studying. It is definitely helpful to have a grasp of the meanings of the key words you might come across. Also, J.Y. eventually hits on all of that in the core curriculum, but still, it is nice to have a list upfront.

good luck :D