Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cracking Substitution Qs.

babybennybabybenny Free Trial Member
in Logic Games 156 karma
I'm having hard time to solve substitution Qs like PT58,S2,Q12 and PT59,S1,Q10.
Is there any effective tactic to crack this kind of the Qs?

Please someone enlighten me.
Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27822 karma
    Yeah, these are tough.

So first things first. Give them about 30 seconds on your first look, and if you can't answer it by just thinking on it, skip it immediately.

When you do come back to them, you are going to have to work through them and just try some things out. What really makes the difference here is knowing which answers to try and why. By the time you work these, you ought to have a strong sense of the game. So certain answers should just seem fishy. Briefly work through each answer choice mentally and try to identify the most likely candidates. Then, start with the one you like the best. Sometimes, I don't even work them out. Even if I can't really confirm one answer, I'll probably just pick it and move on if I just really don't like the others. I set the threshold of certainty pretty low here. If I feel like there's a 65% chance I've got it, I don't work it out unless I finish with time to really kill at the end. Otherwise, I think it's more productive to use any extra time to confirm other questions I maybe wasn't 100% on.

They'll typically only throw one of these at us, so it's not a huge deal if we miss it. If we spend five minutes to answer it correctly though, it becomes a huge deal. Just make sure you've picked up all the easier points before you sink any real time into these.