Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Traveling to another place for September LSAT, when should I be there?

CocoZhangCocoZhang Alum Member
I have to travel to another place (Taiwan, which is 3-hour flight away from where I live, no time difference) to take the September LSAT on September 25, and I am wondering if it is enough to go to Taiwan 2 days in advance.

Also, is there any tip for taking the LSAT in another city?

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @CocoZhang said:
    I have to travel to another place (Taiwan, which is 3-hour flight away from where I live, no time difference) to take the September LSAT on September 25, and I am wondering if it is enough to go to Taiwan 2 days in advance.

Also, is there any tip for taking the LSAT in another city?
    Hey! I don't know the details about taking in Taiwan, but as long as you are registered and signed up, etc. I think getting there 2 days in advance sounds reasonable. This way you have time to acclimate and scope out your test center.

As for general advice for taking in another city, I would recommend allocating a lot of extra time for any random variables that might throw your time off. So, for example, find out where you testing center is ahead of time, and if it takes 20 minutes to get there from your hotel, then give yourself 45 minutes to get there. Hell, I would say give yourself an hour! Plan for the unexpected. Sometimes the cab you call takes forever or doesn't show at all. Sometimes there is a car accident and traffic is detoured.....

In short, I would just say give yourself plenty of time. :)
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27822 karma
    Yeah, definitely agree with @"Alex Divine" for extra time. Your first day there, go ahead and travel to your test center so you know exactly where you're going and how you're getting there. I'd also think about breakfast and whatever else you do for warm up. Just think through your entire pretest routine and make sure you're not going to have to be figuring any of it out on the fly.
  • CocoZhangCocoZhang Alum Member
    476 karma
    @"Alex Divine" said:
    As for general advice for taking in another city, I would recommend allocating a lot of extra time for any random variables that might throw your time off.
    Yeah, that's a good point. I plan to book a hotel right next to the test center to avoid any traffic issue. So 2 days in advance sound reasonable? That's great!

@"Cant Get Right" said:
    I'd also think about breakfast and whatever else you do for warm up.
    Breakfast is very important... I have to make sure that I will be eating something I am familiar with.