Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1 Week Out

jschmi25jschmi25 Alum Member
edited June 2014 in General 62 karma
Hi guys, so I'm sure all of us writing June 9th are starting to get less and less sleep imagining the day we sit down to write this thing. For me this will be my very first (and hopefully only) LSAT, my question is how do I handle these last important days? I started prepping after my finals April 25, so I've had about 6 weeks of hard studying. I've progressed well in the limited time, starting diagnostic at 158, sat around the low 160s for the middle 3 weeks and then the last 2 weeks my PT have been 164, 166, 161, 168, 172 and 171, in that order. This is exactly where I need to score, hopefully avoiding the 161. I've saved prep test 68-71 to do over the next 8 days. How can I make sure I keep rolling, I feel like I'm starting to "peak", the LR answers are jumping out at me as correct and I have scored perfect on my last 4 LG sections (RC is the reason I don't score higher about -8 every time). I need this to last until the 9th, I cant afford to burnout but I also cant slowdown. Any suggestions for how to handle these final days?

Comments

• ikethelsatikethelsat Alum Member
    193 karma
    Number 1 thing that jumps out at me is that you can still improve! We have a solid 8 days left, and you still have 4 PTs left... You went from a 164 to a 171 in two weeks and 6 PTs - why not aim for a solid 175 by the 9th?

There's no peaking on the LSAT - my own graph of PT scores just goes up and up with practice. Started at a 166 and 15 PTs later, my last 4 scores are 177, 176, 178, 178. It's been an absolute breakthrough, suddenly they feel easy and relaxed with time to spare. But before these last 5 tests or so, I'd got 4 consecutive 171s and thought that was my limit. In reality, just carrying on drilling my weak points and spending 3 hours each day doing a PT pushed me over that hill and on to a place I never expected to be at, where I'll now be disappointed with anything less than 177.

So keep going! Burnout is a state of mind.
  • CFC152436CFC152436 Alum Member
    edited June 2014 284 karma
    I second everything ikethelsat just said. Keep working, keep focusing on your mistakes and seeing where you can improve. Stay positive too! Your scores are extremely good, and you should have a lot of confidence going into test day!
  • jschmi25jschmi25 Alum Member
    62 karma
    Yea Ike what your saying basically mirrors my progress (except in a higher range), so I have to agree fully, its just started to feel like a breakthrough where the tests are easier and the answers stand out. I've just read online people strongly advising not do a prep test a day, but I feel like I've been able to improve because of the PTs and reviewing them. Most noticeable in NA, SA questions, I went from taking "logical" guesses between 2/3 answer choices to being able to feel the answer. Its through experience. Part of me also just didn't think I'd ever get to the 170 range, but I may as well try for 175! Thanks.
  • ONuellaOONuellaO Alum Member
    210 karma
    I completely agree with @Ikethelsat! Ive been a little discouraged because my LR seems to be going down and RC is going up (Struggled with this section the most) but 8 well now 7 days is still a lot of time to get you where you need to be or want to be, especially if you're close. Especially if you have quite a few PT's left.
    I'm refusing to give up or slow down now though after reading these! thanks guys. :)