Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reading Comprehension

DEC_LSATDEC_LSAT Alum Member
in General 760 karma
Hey folks,
I'm having a hard time with RC. I take way too long and the notes (words, circling, and underlining) I make on the passages almost never help me. Any strategies that have helped you improve would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited August 2016 23929 karma
    Hey @Nina_Lucas ,

First, definitely check out this awesome RC intensive Sage Nicole Hopkins did.

This really helped me, a lot!

Also, a lot of practice with the memory method helped me quite a bit. If circling words and underlining isn't helping you, then try just paying attention to what you're reading. Also, I know you have probably hear this, but read for structure! All passages start to feel the same once you begin to see the patterns in what they always ask and begin just caring about the structure rather than the details you can always go back and find.

• DEC_LSATDEC_LSAT Alum Member
    edited August 2016 760 karma
    @"Alex Divine" Thanks!!
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @Nina_Lucas :) RC is just one of those things that take so much time. I'm by no means an RC master, but honestly one day it just all started to click for me. It is really hard to re-train your mind and how it reads. Also, The LSAT Trainer by Mike Kim also helped me immensely with RC. It is als complimentary with the 7Sage memory method.