Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Good sites for Law jobs in Canada?

Casey BeeCasey Bee Alum Member
in General 49 karma
Hi everyone! I'm in the process of deciding what schools to apply to, and what area of Law I hope to practice.

I'm interested in Social Justice, Human Rights, and Aboriginal law, and want to start seeing what kind of jobs are out there, with what kind of pay scale. Anyone have any good sites that will help me find some information? Google just sends me to a lot of sites that are dump-all for all kinds of law jobs (clerks, secretaries) as well as no way to filter out types of law I'm not interested in.

Thanks!

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27823 karma
    Not sure @"Casey Bee" . This is a bit further than I've looked in my own process. If Google's got nothing, then I don't even know. Maybe try Askjeeves.com. Lol. Just kidding, don't do that.

This sounds like a job for asking around. Ask some lawyers. They probably won't know but can direct you to someone else who might. Theoretically, you should get directed to better and better resources the further you go. That's how I'd approach it if Google's not returning anything.
  • LSATislandLSATisland Free Trial Inactive Sage
    1878 karma
    @"Casey Bee" You might want to try asking on lawstudents.ca (I'll also check my school's CDO database to see if they have any relevant data.)
  • Casey BeeCasey Bee Alum Member
    49 karma
    Thanks guys!