Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I take a PT?

I've been studying for about 3 months using the powerscore bibles and recently decided to join 7sage. I've gone through what feels like many of the fundamentals for the LSAT. My question is when should I take a full time test again? I haven't taken one since May - only timed sections and questions. I've been following the 7sage curriculum but I feel I'm running out of time to take more PT's. Should I I just try one this week and see how I do before getting down more curriculum from 7sage?

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @briannad said:
    My question is when should I take a full time test again?
    I wouldn't waste a PT just to see where you are before finishing the CC. At best you are improving and doing great, but you may also end up discouraging yourself. So I find there is little to gain from taking a full-timed PT right now.

I'd say just take your time and finish the curriculum. Also don't ever feel like you are running out of time. If you need to, push back your test date. It is 100% in your control when you take it. So why take it before you are ready?
  • briannadbriannad Member
    19 karma
    Alex,

Thank you for the prompt feedback. I think I will take your advice and stick with the cc until it approaches a full timed pt.
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    @briannad said:
    Thank you for the prompt feedback. I think I will take your advice and stick with the cc until it approaches a full timed pt.
    Alex is wise, take heed to his advice :D
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27821 karma
    Are you planning to take in September @briannad ?
  • briannadbriannad Member
    19 karma
    Yes, I am.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27821 karma
    In that case, you are definitely correct that you are running out of time. What's your target score and what did you score on the one you took in May? You really need to have been consistently scoring at or above your target score already. Depending on where you are and how far you have to go, the answer could very likely be that it's not going to really matter what you do, at least for the September test. The truth is you're out of time to make any significant improvements before the September test day. You might could find a few points in LG. Again though, it really all just depends on what your diagnostic was and what your target score is.
  • blah170blahblah170blah Alum Inactive ⭐
    3545 karma
    Since you've been exposed to LSAT fundamentals before, I'd advise you to take a full timed test now to gauge your progress. This is only a good idea because it doesn't seem like you're jumping into a PT without knowing the fundamentals but that you used 7sage to plug some holes in where PowerScore fell short. How you do on the PT determines your study schedule after that so I'd advise you to take the test first and then create some kind of schedule based on the results of that PT + thorough BR.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @briannad said:

No problem!

I think you are making the right choice here :)
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @montaha.rizeq said:
    Alex is wise, take heed to his advice :D
    I learned everything I know from you @montaha.rizeq ;)