Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Unknown Score and when to start applying

esteeroseesteerose Alum Member
in General 382 karma
I am taking the December LSAT. I have no idea what I'll get, as my PT's range from 152 to 165. Should I wait until after I get my score to start filling out all of the applications on LSAC? I just don't know what schools I will get into. It ALL depends on my lsat score...I have 4.0 GPA and am confident I have an interesting enough life for a decent p-statement.

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27821 karma
    Don't wait. At the latest, have your app ready to fire off immediately when LSAT scores post.
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    What's your target score?
  • Jules802Jules802 Member
    133 karma
    I think complete all your apps for a wide range of schools but wait to submit until your LSAT score comes back. That way you'll have everything ready to go and then based on your score you can choose which schools to actually pay/submit apps at.

On a similar note, would this same advice, to wait until you get your score to submit apps, apply to someone that has a previous much lower LSAT score and hopes to score at the medians of schools with a December score?
  • esteeroseesteerose Alum Member
    382 karma
    @montaha.rizeq I don't really have a target score. I need to get 155 to get into the law school in my neighborhood. But, ya know, it would be cool to get 165 I guess?

Ya just because of the large range of scores I'm getting, it is hard to decide where to apply without knowing the actual score. I began with one of the lower ranked schools and yep it's a long process, so I'm glad I'm taking your advice to get started.
  • esteeroseesteerose Alum Member
    382 karma
    oh yes and another thing. how many law schools are you applying for? I have a ton on my list, and just need to shorten it I suppose.