Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

suddenly having cold feet

Rachel YoonRachel Yoon Member
edited September 2016 in General 173 karma
Hi guys, I am taking this Sep LSAT and it's so soon now!
I studied LSAT 3 years ago, took 2013 October(157) and December LSAT(162) and I felt I was at the rock bottom.
Didn't have the courage to take another one so I stopped.

After that I went to a grad school, did some internship, time has passed, thought I should give myself another chance.
I studied from January trying to get back to the shape and it has been quite pleasant.
From march to June I couldn't study much due to the school works and from July I have been studying full-time.
On average I got 168-170 on my PTs, even had a feeling I finally got LR. (avrg. -2/section)

But with the pt 70 and 76, I felt quite awful, suddenly it all seemed so above my reach.
With less than two weeks, I am just trying to do drilling by section, trying not to choke on it.

Is this burn-out or am I just not ready for it?
Any advice?

Thank you in advance and wish all the good luck for those who are taking this September one!

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @"Rachel Yoon" said:
    But with the pt 70 and 76, I felt quite awful, suddenly it all seemed so above my reach.
    With less than two weeks, I am just trying to do drilling by section, trying not to choke on it.

Is this burn-out or am I just not ready for it?
    Any advice?

Thank you in advance and wish all the good luck for those who is taking this September one!
    I admire your perseverance! And congrats on making such great strides to such an amazing score!

So first, don't feel bad because the PTs in the 70s are a bit different a lot of people experience a score drop when they first see them. The Lr sections are a bit more convoluted (more words per question, more confusing and trickier answer choices, etc) That is how people have described it to me anyways.
    the good news is that after getting acclimated with the 70s, most people come to see they aren't more hard, but just testing you on the same things a little bit differently.

My advice would be to keep prepping and maybe plan to take in December. You have waited and studied this long/hard, I don't think it is a good idea to take in less than 2 weeks without having got very accustomed to the 70s PTs.
    Perhaps with some consistent and careful prep, you could be ready for a December take?
    Just Remember don't feel like this is above your reach. I promise that if you can score a 170 on the PTs in the 60s, you can absolutely score a 170s on the 70s PTs.

You got this! :)
  • Rachel YoonRachel Yoon Member
    173 karma
    @"Alex Divine" Thank you so much for your advice!
    Do you think 4th take would be something decisively negative despite the fact that two of them were 3 years ago?
    This December would be my last chance - practically - and I think it would give me much more stress since I will have to make it at one shot...
    Also I am bit afraid that this feeling might come again before December LSAT.
  • Jules802Jules802 Member
    133 karma
    @"Rachel Yoon" congrats on your success thus far! I think Alex may have been suggesting to sit out for September and wait until December to take. I'm in a very similar boat, I took the LSAT a few years ago, minimally prepared and now have been diligent this year in my studies. I made the tough decision to postpone until December even though my score range was similar to yours because I was still doubting some of my capabilities and felt that having a little bit longer to prep would be beneficial. I think it depends on what schools your most committed to attending, if you'd be happy with a mid to higher 160's score then go for it in Sept, you've come so far and prepared for so long! However, if you'd like to try and see/believe your score can climb anymore I might hold off until December. A tough call...
    From what I understand, taking in Sept and December would be bad as even though it is over a longer than two year period, schools generally start to get skeptical with anything more than 3 takes. In any case your work ethic and perserverance are impressive!
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @"Rachel Yoon" said:
    This December would be my last chance - practically - and I think it would give me much more stress since I will have to make it at one shot...
    Also I am bit afraid that this feeling might come again before December LSAT.
    I see what you are saying about the stress of it being your third take, but just remember how much more prepared you are. Think about when you sat those first two times; now consider how much you've learned.

I think you should get all the PTs from the 70s, do them as full-length PTs, and do a thorough blind review. Make sure you feel really comfortable. There are a few odd ball games, and a bit more convoluted LR like I said. So get really good at those. If you can do that by December, I think you can do very well!

If December rolls around and you don't feel ready to go into that test and destroy it, consider postponing. You've waited this long, and law school isn't going anywhere. :)
  • Rachel YoonRachel Yoon Member
    173 karma
    @"Alex Divine" @Jules802 Thank you guys! I will see how it goes this week then decide! :)