Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Questions about variability in test scores

Michael PMichael P Member
in General 11 karma
Hey guys, hope the studying is going well. I have a question about PT scores that maybe some of the more experienced members can answer. To date I have taken 6 PTs, including my diagnostic. My score had been hovering around the 160 mark, until earlier this week when I took PT 68 and scored a 162. I was quite happy about that increase in score, despite the fact that it was only a 2 point increase over my average. Today I took PT 69 and scored a 171. I was ecstatic to say the least.

My question is if this huge improvement was a reflection of a statistical anomaly/easier test, or if this a true reflection of my increased ability. I know it's hard to say without more data, and I do intend to take at least 4 more tests prior to writing on the 24th. I would just like some opinions from those of you that have knowledge about these sort of occurrences.

Thanks guys, and all the best to those of you who are writing on the 24th!

Comments

• DEC_LSATDEC_LSAT Alum Member
    760 karma
    @"Michael P" wow that's a fantastic jump. did you keep a record of the questions you guessed? cause that can help you understand your score better
  • desire2learndesire2learn Member
    1171 karma
    Statistically you are probably somewhere in the middle. Jumps have happened in my studying but they are rarely (read never) 100% sustained. They tend to show an overall improvement plus things going well on a particular test. Keep working hard and keep improving those skills!