Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

questions about the test day.

mj787900mj787900 Member
in General 26 karma
Hi all 7sagers.
I will take my first LSAT in June and just finished all the course today. Finishing the course, I have few simple questions that who took any tests find very small, but fairly important for the first test takers. It would be very nice of you to share your test knowledge with me :) Thanks!

1. They said only a zip bag is allowed in the test center. So will there be some place to put my cell phones, bags, and other personal belongings in the test center outside of the actual test room? or should I leave everything in my car?

2. I bought a LSAT watch last week, thinking wow this is such a good tool for timing. Then today I saw the post JY saying that it is not kosher. Does it still hold? I quickly searched on this issue on the Internet, and people seem to agree on that it is okay to use LSAT watch on the test day. Does anyone know for sure?

Comments

• Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    3438 karma
    @mj787900 DON'T BRING A CELL PHONE TO THE TEST CENTER...trust me on that one and save yourself a ton of grief ;) I saw a horror story unfold at my center with that!!! Leave it in the car. As for the LSAT watch not sure on that one... I used a regular analog wrist watch...
  • jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    2654 karma
    Yeah leave your phone in the car or don't bring it at all (car makes most sense) you can't have it inside and wouldn't have it on anyway so no need to have it on you unless you want the possibility of trouble...
    as for watch depends on the watch it is... I used the 180 watch which is fine, as long as it works and is analog and you are used to it then it shouldn't be a problem
  • ddakjikingddakjiking Inactive ⭐
    2116 karma
    1) Do not bring in your cell phone in at all. You risk getting kicked out. They actually take this rule super seriously.

2) If it's a legit LSAT watch I don't see anything wrong with it except that you don't get hooked on it. You don't have the watch beside for you to look at every 30 seconds. If you're someone who gets nervous easily, having that watch might cause a freak out if you're short on time. I only used my watch to check my time after certain checkpoints in a section...ex:
    LR: Check time after Question 15 and 20. Check once more a few mins after 5 min warning.
    LG: Once after each game. Check once more a few mins after 5 min warning.
    RC: Once after each passage. Check once more a few mins after 5 min warning.
  • MisterMagicMisterMagic Alum Member
    89 karma
    I emailed LSAC specifically about my LSAT watch after reading comments on here about them. They replied telling me that mine was ok. They DID want to know exactly which watch it was. I really like mine (top tier timer lsat watch), so I was glad to get to use it. I think the real issue is that some of them have an automatic "reset" button that they feel classifies it as a "timer", like a kitchen timer or a stopwatch. Also, no noises (beeps) of any kind. I'd suggest printing out a confirmation email and taking it with you, including a picture of the watch in the body of the email. They had no issue with mine on test day, and I didn't even need to show them the email.

Leave everything but your zip bag in your car. Don't drink too much water or coffee (bathroom), Hydroxycut Elite, one capsule just prior to going into room and caffeinated cliff bloks, tons of mental focus :)
  • mj787900mj787900 Member
    26 karma
    thanks a lot everyone!
    I can relax about those issues now :)!
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    1. leave your phone in your car.
    2. practice taking timed PTs with your LSAT watch.