Optional addendum = Diversity Statement?

LsatistheworstLsatistheworst Free Trial Member
edited September 2016 in Law School Admissions 59 karma
Hi all,

Most of the schools that I am applying to give the option of a DS which is awesome, because I have not so great stats but a very diverse/unorthodox upbringing. One of the schools that I am applying to (UCLA) doesn't say anything about a DS specifically, but there is an optional addendum section where it says "If there is additional information you would like to include in your application, please attach an addendum" so I was thinking about just uploading the same DS I am writing for all my other schools under this section, so that I can also use the PS that I have written (which has little to do with my upbringing).

Does anyone know if that is frowned upon or anything? I just want to make sure I don't make them roll their eyes at me when they are already looking at subpar stats haha. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• LsatistheworstLsatistheworst Free Trial Member
    59 karma
    bumping myself lol
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    @Lsatistheworst said:
    bumping myself lol
    Haha! sorry about that :) well from my understanding an addendum is usually meant to explain a weak area in your application regarding your UGPA/LSAT so I don't think a DS would fit in this section. Is this the only chance UCLA gives you to submit a piece of writing besides the PS? If so, then I don't think you should submit the DS for this school as much as that sucks.