Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Variation in test scores?

emilycyoung1emilycyoung1 Free Trial Member
in General 234 karma
My last PTs are confusing me. They have been 167, 156, 161, 164, 165. I'm shooting for 168 or 169. So the 156 was due to me rushing through the exam, I've been trying to figure out how to pace myself and finally got it with this last PT 167. When I take the appropriate time on each question and read well on reading comp I do better. I employed this strategy and got the 167 on PT 74. All of these recent PTs have been in the 70s. I'm just nervous if that 167 was luck... It didn't feel like it because I really focusing and taking the time to catch small details but with my variation in scores I'm nervous coming up on the September test.

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27848 karma
    Other than the 156, which looks like an outlier, everything else looks to fall within a reasonable score band centered around about a 164. I wouldn't worry about any appearance of inconsistency. I mostly recommend taking it easy for the last week, but you might benefit from practicing your pacing for what studying you do. That's a big part of a good score, and the more comfortable you are with that the better. It also sounds like you were really mentally razor sharp for your 167. Try to replicate that. I go to drastic measures to make sure I'm entering a period of maximum peak mental clarity right at around 9:00. Being a little bit tired or a little bit distracted makes a huge difference. So make sure you're going to bed early and getting up on time and eating right and exercising and all that. If you can find that edge for the real thing, you'll perform at your best.