Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I was going to take the September LSAT until this happened... Need advice!

edited September 2016 in September 2016 LSAT 308 karma
Hello guys, so I just had a realization that I did not want to face but I might have no choice. So my goal score is a 165 and I have taken a total of 11 PTs. My scores were 158,164,161,161,164,162 for the first 6 tests, which were fine by me and I felt as though I can take the September test and get pretty close to my target score. HOWEVER, here is my issue. I recently took PTs 73-76 in order to gear up for the September LSAT during the past week or two and I scored 158,158,159, and a 154 (which is what made me write this.). Seeing that 154 just sucked man because I was hoping to be ready by September. I'm now realizing that I may have to take the December and February(if needed) tests instead. Anyway, i have a few questions for you guys. 1. Am i making the right choice by postponing? 2. From where I'm averaging, is a 165 possible by December? Im asking this question with my recent scores of 158,158,159 and 154 in mind. These recent PTs seem to have been more difficult for me as my averages have dropped. 3. If a 165 is possible, what is the best possible approach I can take in my studying from now until December? I would appreciate ANY suggestions because I'm willing to hear out all advice. I was taking PTs almost every other day in order to get ready for September but Im now realizing that I might have made a mistake with that. Should I take less PTs per week and spend more time on BR? I would appreciate the feedback guys. I really want to be averaging a 165 by December so I want to make sure i approach studying the right way since I had to figure out the hard way that only 3-4 months of studying isn't going to cut it.

Comments

• KaterynaKateryna Alum Member
    984 karma
    1) I took PT 76 today and scored 154 as well. Which sucked big time, so I am with you to see comments of the rest here.
    2) You should definately BR more, do drills, etc. See where you are weak from "Trends" and drill those questions for LR. For games just drill them until you get -1 or no mistakes average
    3) I would love to do December myself but I believe chances are slim to get 165 on December with 154 now.
  • 308 karma
    @Kateryna 1. What have you been averaging on your PTs overall? I definitely feel the struggle though. I was so surprised when I saw the 154 score because I had definitely been scoring in the 160's and high 150's before this.
    2. How often do you take practice tests?
    3. Why do you say that? Again, it kind of depends on what you've been averaging overall on your PTs but i definitely feel as though 2-3 months time studying can get you to a 165 even if you are averaging a 154 right now. I wouldn't rule it out. As for me, on the "Trends" page, I'm averaging a 160 right now between all my tests and if that's accurate, i would only need a 5 point increase or so. That's why I'm really hoping to hear how i should approach these next two-three months from someone who has been there and done that. But again, i don't think you should rule out december for yourself. Depending on how much time you can put into studying and other factors, i definitely feel like you can get there by December. It's not impossible.
    984 karma
    I have been averaging same as you did. Around 160. The higher into the score you get the more difficult it is to increase it. To get from 150 to 155 can take two weeks of game drills, but to get from 160 to 165 can take months to hit 165 consistently. I am not saying its impossible, I am saying it is simply harder. Also, to get 165 on December you need to hit 168 at least a couple times.
    984 karma
    J.Y recommends taking no more than 3 PT a week. If you take more : 1) You are wasting fresh PTs 2) You will burn out
  • 308 karma
    @Kateryna Definitely feeling the burn out, which i also think is why my score was a 154 this last time around. Or at least it may have to do with it because i'm burnt out to the point where the muscles on my back are stiff and aching haha. For sure going to take a bit easier on the PTs and do more BR/drilling to try to improve.

I mean it's going to be tough but i just feel like its doable. Im going to push hard to try to get there because i don't want to wait until the next cycle to apply. Good luck to you though! I hope you get your goal score whenever you do decide to take it.