Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ultimate to Ultimate+ upgrade

conraddnoronhaconraddnoronha Alum Member
in General 150 karma
Hi,

So I have decided to withdraw from the Septermber test and take it in December. I am averaging at around 165 need to push it to a 170 plus. Would upgrading to Ultimate+ be useful? Is it worth the extra $200? I know what the added features are, wanted to know from people's experience if it is worth it.

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @conraddnoronha said:
    Would upgrading to Ultimate+ be useful? Is it worth the extra $200? I know what the added features are, wanted to know from people's experience if it is worth it.
    I would say so.
    I find the full video explanations for the tests invaluable. I've really subscribed strictly to the 7Sage system of Pt'ing, BR'ing, and then watching the video explanations. You'll get 73-78 with the upgrade. These are arguably the most important tests to focus on being that it is likely your administration will be more in line with these test.

However, the best part and what I am finding the most helpful is the question bank! My god this thing is amazing. 1900+ questions that you can organize by type/difficulty. I was having trouble with NA questions about a week ago. I used the question bank to generate me a bunch of difficult NA questions to drill and then watched the video explanations for the ones I got wrong.
    I would have paid $200 alone just to be able to get good at NA questions, lol.

• SeriousbirdSeriousbird Alum Member
    1278 karma
    I actually upgraded from Ultimate to Ultimate+ and I highly recommend it.

The reason I upgraded was to get more LR questions in the lessons and access to the question bank which includes explanations for all LR questions from PT 17 on, and it also includes explanations of all RC sections.

From a personal note, after upgrading and using the resources I have noticed my reasoning skills have improved. A year ago when I started prepping I couldn't understand some questions without help from the explanations, now I find myself reasoning on my own.

I follow the 7Sage curriculum strictly, and I used the Trainer to complement the flaw lessons, and the Manhattan RC guide before hitting 7Sage RC.

I think upgrading is really worth the investment!!!

• Nanchito-1-1Nanchito-1-1 Yearly Member
    edited September 2016 1762 karma
    Absolutely worth every penny. The explanations for pts 35 and down are what I use to drill and gain a stronger foundation for when I start to pt newer tests. If I am not mistaken, you do not get the full explanations for all of the questions for 35 and down, only what is used for the curriculum.

edit*
    Ultimate has explanations for 38 to 72.

Also, explanations to the newest tests are very important.
  • conraddnoronhaconraddnoronha Alum Member
    150 karma
    @"Alex Divine" @sweetsecret in fact, then question bank is what attracts me to upgrade the most. Tell me something, how does this work? Can you just type, for eg. MSS and get all most strongly supported questions ever?
  • SeriousbirdSeriousbird Alum Member
    edited September 2016 1278 karma
    So right now I'm working on drilling flaw questions (what I usually do is do the corresponding LR question type because I have the Cambridge pdfs of 1-38 after completing the lesson before moving forward, so I probably have 150 questions left to do). Today I had a few questions I was uncertain of, so I tried reasoning myself first and then I went under resources and looked up all lsat questions. If you go to resources there is a tab for Question Bank, just go there. You literally can click on all LSAT questions or 1-17 (which is unavailable for LR because LR explanations are from 17+) and then click on the question type you want to see the videos of, so I clicked on Flaw/Descriptive Weakening and it pulled up the list of all the Flaw explanations which is great.

My approach when reviewing is:
    1) Review myself first and try to reason each answer choice
    2) Put the question in my LR notebook for review
    3) Watch the video and cross reference with JY's explanation

I find this approach to be incredibly helpful. Also, when I drill, I do it untimed and circle any questions I am unsure of so even if I get it correct I will understand the reasoning/pattern behind it. You start to notice a lot of patterns that repeat themselves after doing so many questions!

Hope that is helpful!!