Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you BR, do you refer to explanations by others/JY's videos?

Tina ChoTina Cho Free Trial Member
in General 442 karma
Hi, just wondering...
So BR is like you review your work by yourself right? Then when do you need to refer to other's explanations?
When you find out your thinking is wrong after seeing the answer choices? or...

Comments

• Accounts PlayableAccounts Playable Live Sage
    3107 karma
    My process was to try the question again on my own (freshly printed so my prior work/pencil marks wont bias me). Once I answered the question, then I'd check it and watch the video explanation. If I missed it/still wasn't 100%, I'd type out an explanation.
  • draj0623draj0623 Alum Member
    916 karma
    I would work with a clean copy of the question that I circled for BR so that I don't have any bias in looking at the question again. Once I get to either 100% certainty or pretty close, I consider that answer by BR answer choice. I usually plug those answer choices into the analytics (along with the originally chosen responses) and then figure out which ones I should prioritize reviewing videos of. I don't move on to a new PT until I've finished watching all of the explanations for the ones I marked as needing review (all questions I got wrong, all question that I got wrong under timed conditions but right on BR to confirm my thought process, and all questions that I needed confirmation of my thought process even though I got the question right under timed conditions and BR).
  • desire2learndesire2learn Member
    edited September 2016 1171 karma
    I generally did the same-ish as @draj0623 but near the end of my prep I started watching the explanation videos for all of the 4 and 5 star questions in LR whether I had uncertainty or not. I felt this was helpful because sometimes I would learn that I got the right answer accidentally (without realizeing it )or missed some aspect of the question that the answer choices just didn't happen to expose. But in terms of an order of operations, do the BR by yourself first, then after you have scored things look at the video explanations.
  • dennisgerrarddennisgerrard Member
    1644 karma
    yes. I do BR before viewing the LR explanation video. I'm doing MBT question drill and just found it increases by difficulty.
  • Tina ChoTina Cho Free Trial Member
    442 karma
    Thanks for your responses,
    it seems some watch almost all explanations but some do not?
    I read almost all because I'm not sure whether my interpretation is correct...is this bad habit? :(