Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AHH! Stupid!

Yesterday at the test, my seat was at the first row, which was very close to the invigilator's desk. As the test started, they kept whispering about probably test staff, and flicking over the papers so loud. This was so disturbing and distracting for me, but no one seemed to be bothered by this, so I thought it wouldn't be much problem and just covered my ear and do the questions. I can't believe I didn't ask them to stop or request a change of seat!!! God, I'm so stupid! What was I thinking?!! Those noises ruined my test.. Ahh! I'm so stupid I wanna kill myself! Guys plz don't make the same mistake I made.

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    Whoa! Don't be so hard on yourself, you live and you learn. And in the midst of a big test you probably weren't thinking about moving, but rather doing well on the test.

That is messed up. Sorry to hear that happened to you.
  • Daniel.SieradzkiDaniel.Sieradzki Member Sage
    edited September 2016 2301 karma
    That really sucks. I am very sorry. Do not blame yourself. The LSAT experience is an extremely stressful situation. If the noise interfered with your test, you might want to look on LSAC's website to see if there is any recourse.
  • Katherine-2Katherine-2 Member
    97 karma
    @Daniel.Sieradzki thank you but the only thing that matters is that this is my only chance before application. hk doesn't have a test in dec
    97 karma
    @"Alex Divine" thank you
  • Daniel.SieradzkiDaniel.Sieradzki Member Sage
    2301 karma
    Damn, that is unfortunate. I would still call LSAC and see if anything can be done. I really want you to get some relief.
  • danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma
    Can't stand stories like this. I realize proctors have to make noise every once in a while (mine did, though they were very careful about doing so), but come on. I imagine you did better on the test than you think you did. I always feel like garbage after taking sections/tests in public areas, though I've always performed at least close to my averages. Anecdotal, yes, but I believe this phenomenon extends to others more so than would any tendency to dramatically underperform.
  • just.flyyjust.flyy Free Trial Member
    12 karma
    @Katherine-2 I thought that HK has a December testing? I just checked and it says its available for December 4th. I am planning to take mine in December in HK.
    97 karma
    @just.flyy are you applying for the year 2017 fall? dec is too late for application.
    97 karma
  • Nanchito-1-1Nanchito-1-1 Yearly Member
    edited September 2016 1762 karma
    Hey @"Katherine-2". Proctors should hold themselves to a high standard. If they didn't I think It's best to tell lsac so they hopefully choose their proctors more wisely. It sucks that this happened but think of it as a lesson learned. Don't be one of the first in line.
  • BlueBellBlueBell Free Trial Member
    60 karma
    was this in brooklyn? someone there had a similar issue and ended up canceling her score and is going to file a complaint to LSAC, should consider doing the same if you think it really hurt your score
    97 karma
    @BlueBell no. i took the test in hk. i don't think a complaint will help much since i stupidly chose to not say anything :(