Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Test Center Review] Bill J. Priest Institute for Economic Development, Monday Exam/Sabbath Observer

ariellentbariellentb Free Trial Member
Bill J. Priest Institute for Economic Development in Dallas, MONDAY TEST, 9/26/16

Proctors: one woman. Did not remember she was offering the exam and arrived 30 minutes late. I don't want to go into too much detail, the case is under review. She was very nice but should not have been an exam proctor. She also did not have a registry to check me in. She read the instructions very quietly, and had I not known what they were, I would not have heard her. See more below.

Facilities: bathroom was a ways down the hall but good, room was all right. Room was very large, windows in the back. Standard elementary school desks, maybe about 20 in the room. Desks were small and did not have space to spread out-- had to slide my answer sheet under my exam when not bubbling. Big, nice cafeteria on the floor with lots of vending machines, and a nice set of couches to wait at.

Room next door to mine was under construction during the exam.

How many in the room: just me.

Left-handed accommodation: I didn't look, and I am not left handed.

Noise levels: construction for the first 10 minutes, then my proctor turned on a noise canceling machine which drowned it out. Proctor talked to herself during the exam, but the room itself was quiet.

Parking: Parking was good, but I was also the only one testing. I didn't look to see if there was more around the corner, because there were only a few spots immediately in front of the building.

Time elapsed from arrival to test: got there at 8:20, Testing started at 9:45, then section 1 maybe at 9:55/10? Test ended at 1:40.

Irregularities or mishaps: I showed up at 8:20, ticket said arrive by 8:30 and meet in the lobby. No one was there, no one in the building even knew what the LSAT was. Security guard pulled up a schedule to check for me and said the test was only on Saturday and there was no record of anything that day. We called the LSAC and they confirmed I had my test there but would not speak to me more because it was after 8:30 and I would not have been allowed my phone had I been taking the scheduled test. I was a hysterical mess, and thankfully my mom had driven me, so she was corraling staff to help search for my proctor.

At 9, a woman arrived and acted like nothing happened. I believe the LSAC contacted her and sent her down. My mom says she thinks the LSAC woke her up. She was nice, but come on. She had the three of us-- me, mom, her-- sit and have oatmeal before my test, which was helpful because I had been hysterically crying until then. When my mom left, we started. She wouldn't let me have any water during the exam, but she ate some chips and talked to herself a lot during the test. There was construction in the room next door which started when I started section 1, but again, my proctor put on a noise canceling machine.

Would you take the test here again?
Maybe? If I knew for a fact the proctor knew to give me a test and showed up on time and they weren't doing construction, yeah. All of those seemed to be unique to my situation, and I highly doubt they will be repeated. All my misfortune aside, my biggest complaint was that the desks were smaller than I'd like, but they were definitely usable-- I didn't have to fold my exam or anything. I appreciated that they offered noise canceling machines.

Date of Exam: 9/26/16

Comments

• desire2learndesire2learn Member
    1171 karma
    And I thought our Monday test was the only crazy one! Sorry to hear about your experience but there were 20 of us in Burbank, CA who had insane construction going on during our test, so at least you had some company a few states away.