Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Helps, helps, helps

sagarpatelsagarpatel Alum Member
edited January 2017 in General 164 karma
A

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27823 karma
    This is why it's so important to replicate test day conditions. I think at this point, February is probably going to be your best option.

So, you went in to the test having never taken a PT. What you did is called drilling, and unfortunately, it wasn't even good drilling. The clock doesn't stop for you, ever. The mental fortitude and endurance that is required to take this test has to be developed, and it sounds like you did everything you could to avoid doing that. Keep studying, but you've got to do it right this time.

So here's where you start: Take a PT. BR it. Then analyze everything that went wrong. Write this analysis out. Identify every problem the PT/BR reveals, then address each problem with a plan of action for how you're going to address it. Address each problem. Repeat.
  • Nanchito-1-1Nanchito-1-1 Yearly Member
    1762 karma
    What @"Cant Get Right" said. Every time you stop, a bunny dies.
  • sagarpatelsagarpatel Alum Member
    edited September 2016 164 karma
    First off, I appreciate the advice and I plan to follow on it! To clarify I've taken all the PTs from 35-78 prior to the test day. However, none of them in one sitting but rather each of the sections being dispersed throughout the day. So if the question is have I taken a full length PT, the answer is no. Should I be working on time management or will that come naturally as I progress? Lastly, is there an ideal number of PTs i should be completing per week?

Thank you @"Cant Get Right" and @nanchito for confirming
  • danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma
    Effective time management comes with PTing and time, along with a few learned tips along the way.

You're in a good spot with your knowledge, it seems, and the biggest key to timing well is to know the material. Don't bull-rush through full-PTs or any timed sections just to get to every question. You should obviously be aware of the time and should work according to it, but there's a difference between that and rushing through questions just to tell yourself you completed on time.

Retake tests, especially since you've done most of them, and save some of the newest tests for prep in mid-to-late-January. Aside from the many benefits to retakes, one great benefit is to employ skipping strategies, along with other time-saving methods. If you're struggling to make time with new tests, experiment a bit on retakes, including individual sections.

I wouldn't ever recommend doing more than three tests per week. I personally think two tests a week is the perfect amount.