Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do you review RC sections?

AliceZ6v6AliceZ6v6 Alum Member
in General 92 karma
Hi,
After you do PTs, how do you review RC sections?
Do you re-do RC sections like you do for LG sections?
What is the best way to review it to increase scores...??

Thanks!

Comments

• tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    2573 karma
    @atzhang6v6 you should BR just as you would for LR. If you got questions wrong find the explanations for those questions and figure out why you missed it. If you are having trouble with RC I would pick up The LSAT Trainer. It helped regarding reading structure and discussed some common question types and strategies. I would also recommend watching the 2 ( I think they're 2) webinars on RC. You might find the one on notations really helpful but the one that discusses the common question types is great as well. Those videos and the Trainer helped me tremendously because I was having issues with the memory method.
  • runiggyrunruniggyrun Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2481 karma
    @tanes256 said:
    you should BR just as you would for LR.
    Second that.
    In addition to looking for the same things you would in an LR question (irrelevant subject matter being discussed, the wrong opinion being given, a shift of wording or strength of wording between the question and the paragraph) get good at spotting the questions that ask you about things that are directly supported by the text (which of the following was mentioned/not mentioned, all questions that start with "according to the passage/author/studies cited" and so on) and don't move on until you're sure you've found the EXACT textual support for the answer you think is right. This is sometimes quite difficult to do under time pressure, especially because we get flustered and forget to identify these questions as such (oh, this is a "directly supported" question, let me find exactly where the support is).

• AliceZ6v6AliceZ6v6 Alum Member
    92 karma
    Thank you both!
    Appreciate your advice :)
    RC is definitely my weakest section, so hopefully I can review well to improve it...
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    The same way I review LR, but with a twist. I try to review RC immediately after PTing, since the passages are still fresh in my mind.
    I go through the passages with the lowest number of circled questions. I'll read the questions, and if I can answer them without referring back to the passage, I will. If I cannot, I'll refer back to the relevant part(s) of the passage.
    For the passages that have 4+ circled questions, I redo them. Think of it like an untimed RC drill. The same applies if I didn't get to a passage.