Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I have never Blind Reviewed a Test

monica123monica123 Member
in General 90 karma
I have never blind reviewed a test. I just review the questions I miss or am unsure about. What are the benefits to the blind-review method?

Comments

• danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma
    Reviewing questions you're unsure about (and only those you're unsure about) allows you to really test your reasoning. If you still answered incorrectly any one question even after BR, your reasoning was off, and you are able to more clearly see that.

Moreover, BR allows you to catch overconfidence errors. Should you miss a question you felt 100% confident about, that too provides you a lesson from which to learn.

Basically, BR tests you on your ability to know what you got wrong or are unsure about, as well as what you know you answered correctly. It also challenges you to back up your reasoning for any one answer choice you've either selected or kept in BR.
  • SamiSami Yearly + Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    edited October 2016 10801 karma
    Blind Review is reviewing before you know what questions you missed. In blind review you only review the questions that you felt that you were not confident of during timed drill/PT. I usually circle the questions that during a PT I didn't feel I was confident of.

The advantage of doing this is you are checking your understanding and confidence of concepts. For example if you previously thought you had a question completely and didn't circle it when you were taking the test and you realize you got it wrong after, well that tells you that you have understood something wrong and feel confident about something you shouldn't. Whereas, a question you circled to review during the test and later you find out was right should validate to you that you do know the concepts and strategies involved and next time can move more confidently with speed through a similar question.

I really like this method over just reviewing what I got wrong/was unsure about after I know the answers. For one, knowing if I got a question wrong clouds my judgment about why I think an answer choice is wrong/right. In addition, reviewing this way also limits the type of questions I review and leaves the questions I had confidence error about out of this process. In my opinion this method is not comprehensive enough. Lastly, I think speed comes from confidence, and this method you are not checking for confidence/under-confidence errors.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited October 2016 23929 karma
    @monica123 said:
    I have never blind reviewed a test. I just review the questions I miss or am unsure about. What are the benefits to the blind-review method?
    ^^
    Yeah what those other smart people said above me :D

BR is also really important because just getting the right answer is only part of prepping.

How we there and examining our thought processes is also an integral part of mastering the LSAT. During BR you should also be paying attention to how you are thinking about the questions and be making sure to block out any thought processes that lead you to incorrect answers.