Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Powerscore or Kaplan for RC?

Hi,

So the one area I desperately need to improve is RC. I've been getting around 10 wrong on the RC. Which book is a better book to refer to Powerscore's RC bible or Kaplan's RC. If there is any other resource worth referring to, please let me know.

Comments

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    Please stay far away from the PS RC Bible. Out of the trilogy, the RC Bible has gotten the absolute worst rating. It's just a ring around the LR Bible in my opinion. I would say the same for Kaplan but to be fair I've never used their RC resource. Anyway I really like Mike Kim's The LSAT Trainer. It helped me with RC because it helped me see it in a whole new scope which I desperately needed but couldn't achieve on my own. You can find it on Amazon for like 30 bucks.
  • ethaaaanethaaaan Alum Member
    276 karma
    Can't really provide a comparison between the two, but I thought Powerscore RC Bible was worthless. Powerscore LG Bible was overly complex and focuses on a lot of methods that most people completely abandoned in practice.

What are your LR scores like? Do you blind review RC sections? If so, what are your BR scores in RC? ...These questions will help to narrow down what your possible issues with RC are.
  • conraddnoronhaconraddnoronha Alum Member
    150 karma
    @remooooved well LR I get around 1-3 wrong per section. In RC somedays I manage to get all correct in blind review, but on most days not a lot. Improving on RC can be the real game changer for me.
    150 karma
    @montaha.rizeq thanks. Will check it out
  • ethaaaanethaaaan Alum Member
    edited October 2016 276 karma
    @conraddnoronha said:
    well LR I get around 1-3 wrong per section. In RC somedays I manage to get all correct in blind review, but on most days not a lot. Improving on RC can be the real game changer for me.
    It sounds like your issue is probably more with speed/habits, rather than a lack of understanding of questions. I would suggest recording yourself taking sections and getting an RC specific tutor (the real kind, not the Kaplan kind). Try checking out this webinar to start:
  • SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10774 karma
    I really like the Manhattan book for RC.
  • danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma
    Plenty of people like the LSAT Trainer for RC. It does approach RC with the right mentality, in my opinion.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @montaha.rizeq said:
    Please stay far away from the PS RC Bible. Out of the trilogy, the RC Bible has gotten the absolute worst rating.
    The Powerscore RC Bible is, as others have said, largely worthless. So much so when I bought to trilogy, I returned the RC Bible and got my money back.

Manhattan RC or The LSAT Trainer are great and favorites among many top scorers. Also, the 7Sage memory method is also good to know/use in tandem with other techniques. Manhattan RC/The LSAT Trainer RC are pretty similar and co-authored by the same guy Mike Kim. I'd probably go for The LSAT Trainer since it is more updated.
    edited October 2016 150 karma
    @Motivated @danielznelson @"Alex Divine" @remooooved Thanks guys, much appreciated.
  • Nanchito-1-1Nanchito-1-1 Yearly Member
    1762 karma
    I haven't read any of the dated books but I've used kaplan a long time ago.

I don't currently use any of the methods they taught me for rc. I have used The Trainer and it helped me see the bigger picture and look at structure which helped immensly. I recommend the trainer for sure.