Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Start studying again?

westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
in General 3788 karma
The September exam has come and gone; for me, it was my second take. Honestly, I wasnt too confident about my take due to the laquer passage and thr virus game. I was wondering when would be a good time to start studying again, just in case I need to retake a third time. Should I study again on Gray Day? Although having a much needed rest after studying 2 years is enjoyable, some part of me is concerned about my skills becoming rusty during the 3 week time period.

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27823 karma
    You won't rust any, but if you're planning on December for your retake, the wait between the September test day and score release is nearly a full third of the time between the Sept and Dec tests. Breaks are really beneficial, just be mindful of the time if December is your backup.
  • westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma
    @"Cant Get Right", unless I met my score expectations, I was planning to just take it in February. But I guess it would be beneficial to start studying again in third week in case I decide December would be a viable test day.
    27823 karma
    Ok cool, I like February better. Until scores come out, I say do some light drilling and maybe some recreational PTing, if that makes any sense to anyone but me, lol. Once scores are released, make the call from there and then start back hardcore if you decide to retake.
  • Nanchito-1-1Nanchito-1-1 Yearly Member
    1762 karma
    Sometimes that itch is unavoidable. If you're feeling the itch to study than I agree do some light work like drills/a few sections at a time. Then start back up once you get your score.
  • DEC_LSATDEC_LSAT Alum Member
    760 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" recreational PTing... i wish that made sense to me :)
    27823 karma
    @DEC_LSAT , lol, yeah, I'm a total LSAT nerd. Since I took my third and final official LSAT a couple weeks ago, I've taken three PTs haha.
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" said:
    Since I took my third and final official LSAT a couple weeks ago, I've taken three PTs haha.
    LOL if you don't get a 180, no one deserves a 180 sheesh.
    27823 karma
    Well I hate to tell you @montaha.rizeq , but sufficient satisfied, haha.
  • cm214998cm214998 Alum Member
    190 karma
    Although having a much needed rest after studying 2 years is enjoyable, some part of me is concerned about my skills becoming rusty during the 3 week time period.
    2 years!? Jesus that's a long time! @westcoastbestcoast may I ask what your score range is after 2 years of study?
  • DEC_LSATDEC_LSAT Alum Member
    760 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" :O wow you really are. I hope you killed it!
  • westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma
    @cm214998 , I got in the high 160s for my highest take and my first preptest was 140. Its been quite a journey.
  • cm214998cm214998 Alum Member
    190 karma
    @westcoastbestcoast yes it has, best of luck, I'm sure you'll break the 170s in your next attempt.