Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RC Trouble Finishing on fourth passage

JayCkon24JayCkon24 Alum Member
in General 35 karma
Hi guys!

Can anyone offer some advice on how to actually get to the fourth passage on time. I always only finish 3 of the passages.
I try my best to get through all the passage and questions fast enough tot get to the fourth but it never happens.

Any advice on how I could drill RC to get better?

Thank you.

Comments

• desire2learndesire2learn Member
    1171 karma
    Drill one passage at a time and work on getting your times down bit by bit. Obviously some are easier than others and some have less questions than others but I found when I broke it into more manageable chunks I was able to understand and execute the timing for the whole section much better.
  • Tinyosi1Tinyosi1 Alum Member
    235 karma
    I agree that you should drill single passages. You should also see what is using up the most time. Do you spend too much time reading the passage? Is it the questions? Try to identify any specific weakness.

Alternatively, if you know it is a few hard questions stalling you, you have the option of skipping those questions on an initial run to ensure you get more points. I would aim to get better overall, but I'd say it is better to get 4-5 points or whatever in passage 4 than working for 3 hard-earned points in the first 3.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27853 karma
    Videoing your takes and reviewing the footage is a really effective way of diagnosing timing issues. You have to identify exactly where your time is going before you can correct it, and there's no better way to do that than to be able to take a step back and watch your performance from an objective POV.