Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why do they ask how we studied for LSAT?

Tina ChoTina Cho Free Trial Member
in General 442 karma
Why??
Does it affect anything?

Comments

• Tinyosi1Tinyosi1 Alum Member
    235 karma
    I think it might just be for statistical information more than anything. I'm not sure what they would do with it, but they might notice a trend linking scores and preparation method.
  • mk940808mk940808 Alum Member
    209 karma
    @"Tina Cho" I think there was a blog post on the Ask Asha section of Yale where she mentioned that it was to give particular attention to students who didn't have the financial means to pay for expensive courses. Not sure if that's for all schools but that could be a reason.
  • alex.e92alex.e92 Alum Member
    edited October 2016 239 karma
    Nah, don't worry about it. They use the data for stats. In part to be sure that the test is fair.

http://www.lsac.org/docs/default-source/research-(lsac-resources)/tr-14-03.pdf

Clearly, I procrastinate too much.
  • Tina ChoTina Cho Free Trial Member
    442 karma
    @mk940808 said:
    I think there was a blog post on the Ask Asha section of Yale where she mentioned that it was to give particular attention to students who didn't have the financial means to pay for expensive courses.
    Wait...so law school will see it too?
    Do they see all of the things we put in the forms?
  • mk940808mk940808 Alum Member
    209 karma
    @"Tina Cho" oh I thought you meant on the application. Yeah the LSAC is probably for stats.
  • Tina ChoTina Cho Free Trial Member
    442 karma
    I see, thanks :D