Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have anyone used Blueprint for LSAT Reading Comprehension?

linfan.zhalinfan.zha Free Trial Member
in General 28 karma
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01K5CK3CM/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btkr=1

One of my friend recommended this book to me. I just want a second opinion. Thanks!

Comments

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    edited October 2016 11542 karma
    I haven't read this book but it seems to have good reviews on Amazon. The LSAT Trainer by Mike Kim is pretty awesome for RC, too.
  • nessa.k13.0nessa.k13.0 Inactive ⭐
    4141 karma
    I second @montaha.rizeq ! The LSAT Trainer's RC is great combined with JY's memory method. The LSAT Trainer RC helped me create RC habits like globally reading for structure, tone, author opinion and anticipating what's ahead in the passage.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    edited October 2016 27823 karma
    I don't like this. For all I know, it may have great strategies, but my problem is this:
    Students will learn these methods by working through 33 real LSAT passages, taken from some of the most current Reading Comprehension passages available.
    No. No. No. You do not use the most recent and relevant passages to learn a strategy. You use the oldest and least relevant. Once you learn those skills and how to execute that strategy, only then do you apply them to the most recent tests as a part of a full length, strictly administered practice test. You do not cannibalize recent tests for learning fundamentals. These passages are for advanced application. Do yourself a solid and don't spoil this highly valuable study material on the basics.
  • blah170blahblah170blah Alum Inactive ⭐
    3545 karma
    Could your friend talk about what he/she liked about the book? It could be worth getting to borrow strategies and then just practice independently using older tests.
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" said:
    Do yourself a solid and don't spoil this highly valuable study material on the basics.
    Ah yeah, didn't even read the description lol. Definitely steer clear of using the most recent PTs for fundamentals!