Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is a GPA addendum necessary for a Non Traditional applicant?

sralysssasralysssa Member
in General 7 karma
Hey 7Sagers!

I just had a quick question for all the fellow non traditional applicants. I graduated from undergrad over 6 years ago (by the time I apply it will be 7 years) from a state school with a low GPA. Although I don't have any earth shattering or life changing reasons for my performance, I've applied myself in my professional career and have done fairly well. I plan to include a diversity statement along with my personal statement but I'm still debating whether or not to include a GPA addendum. My plan was to take the December 2016 LSAT but at the risk of rushing and needing to do really well to combat my poor GPA, I decided to apply next cycle and take the June 2017 test. I'm currently averaging 25 hours of studying a week, on top of my full time job with the hopes of scoring in the high 160s - low 170s, I've done my research and have heard so many mixed reviews on GPA addendums in general so any help would be much appreciated!

Comments

• David BusisDavid Busis Member Moderator
    7272 karma
    It's not a bad idea to write one, but you'll have to come up with something more convincing than "Eh, I didn't care that much." You might write about the fact that you weren't ready for college, you regret not taking your classes seriously enough, and you've matured a lot since then.

But if you're not convinced, don't write one.
  • sralysssasralysssa Member
    7 karma
    Thank you for the reply! Super helpful!