Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Retake or no?

Glitint93Glitint93 Free Trial Member
in General 7 karma
Hello all,

I'm a female international student with a non-US bachelor's degree (GPA: 3.98) currently working full time. I scored a 170. I want to be H/S competitive.

The problem is I had been covering a PT every weekend and had PTed in the 174-176 range in the month before September. I actively felt myself freaking out in the test and running out of time which had NEVER happened before.

My test is non-disclosed since I'm an international. I don't even know how many questions I got wrong let alone what.

Do I retake? If so, how do I approach the period leading up to December? My work commitment is at an all-time high and I don't see myself realistically able to get through more than a PT a week again. I'm so confused, disappointed, and worried at this point.

Comments

• desire2learndesire2learn Member
    1171 karma
    I would retake. Your experience will only make you even more prepared. You know what to expect now.
  • Glitint93Glitint93 Free Trial Member
    7 karma
    How do I ensure I'm better prepared for the real thing this time around? I still have no idea why I got like that and I'm so worried I'll retake only to experience that all over again.
  • desire2learndesire2learn Member
    1171 karma
    I also took a non-disclosed test so I feel your pain. I would recommend just continuing to improve your skills in all aspects and trust that your new skills plus the experience of having done it once will carry you. You will be ready to not run out of time because of your experience. I think 1 PT a week is plenty. The question will be if you have time to work on your skills outside of that. 170 is a great score though. Congrats!