Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pull the trigger or wait for the next cycle? GPA 3.8 LSAT 167

__Juan____Juan__ Alum Member
in General 184 karma
My reach schools were Columbia/NYU
My target schools were Michigan/Berkeley/Duke/Austin

I'd apply Mid November.

I'm already registered for the December retake.

My softs are okay & work experience

My last 10 PT average was ~169 with two low 160's days before the test. I definitely suffered from nervousness as over half the questions I missed were in the first 10 of each section.

I'm leaning towards waiting another year to save on app money. I'd use that saved money to purchase the admissions package for PS writing.

I appreciate any advice or insight. Thank you.

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @"juan_OVO" said:
    I'm leaning towards waiting another year to save on app money. I'd use that saved money to purchase the admissions package for PS writing.
    I think that is a good idea. If you can get that score up to a 170 (which I know you can if you have a 3.8 and a 167 already) you have a great chance at all the schools you've listed.

With a good PS with the help of @david.busis you will be in great shape!
  • __Juan____Juan__ Alum Member
    184 karma
    @"Alex Divine" said:
    I think that is a good idea.
    Well, I just checked my emails and I have waivers from a couple T14's. I may go for it now and update my apps with a December score. Would schools, who deny me with my first score, reconsider me with a December score?
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @"juan_OVO" said:
    Well, I just checked my emails and I have waivers from a couple T14's. I may go for it now and update my apps with a December score. Would schools, who deny me with my first score, reconsider me with a December score
    Yes, but I think it would be better to submit your apps if they are done and have your apps held until your December score comes out in January.