Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What if you have different game boards from JY's?

orangebeerorangebeer Alum Member
in Logic Games 216 karma
I often have different diagrams from JY's.
How do I know mine is actually fine? I know his ones are more efficient and trying to have similar ones, but often times I have different game boards.

Thanks

Comments

• BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8689 karma
    Did your game board yield the correct answers under the recommended time? If so then you should share the game board with the community, we might be able to find something very efficient. Also, it has been my understanding that JY is open to suggests for particular game boards. I know on one of the LG lessons he said that one of the commenters suggested a specific set up that really made the game go smooth.

Different is not necessarily wrong my friend.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27822 karma
    @orangebeer said:
    How do I know mine is actually fine?
    Compare your setup to his. Even if your setup is different, it will still function in the same way if it is correct. Getting all the questions right is usually a good sign too;)
    @orangebeer said:
    I know his ones are more efficient
    Well... not necessarily. The cool thing about this test is that you never stop improving or discovering new approaches, and that goes for JY too. Check out the explanations for LG 9 Game 3:

https://7sage.com/lsat_explanations/lsat-9-section-3-game-3/

@desire2learn came up with a really excellent setup to that game that was very different from JY's. It was so good that JY added an additional video to explain it. Throughout the lessons, there are a few of these. Now, most of the time, your setup will be inferior to JY's, lol. But if you've got a different setup that works better for you, then maybe you just discovered a new approach to the game. It's probably not as effective, but don't discount it immediately just because it's different. Study the game until you understand it well enough that you can make an informed judgement.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    As the others above me have said, it isn't a problem so long as you are getting to the correct answers in the recommended time (or below).

There have been a few times where I have set up a game COMPLETELY different from JY's board and I arrived at the right answers, but his way was just more efficient and made more sense. So after watching his explanation, I just redo it that way from now on.

Then there have been times where I have set my board up differently and arrived at the right answers, under time, and have decided I like my way better. I think it was because my approach was just more intuitive to me. For example, there were games he set up as in out grouping with a T chart and I set up as a double layer sequencing game.

So don't discount your methods and set ups without referencing them. Accuracy and time are important, but what feels intuitive to you is also going to matter come game day!
  • orangebeerorangebeer Alum Member
    216 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" @David3389 @"Alex Divine"
    Thank you all :)
    @"Alex Divine" said:
    Accuracy and time are important, but what feels intuitive to you is also going to matter come game day!
    Felt relieved to hear this.
    Often times I split game boards differently from JY...like, based on different rules or elements.
    I do result in picking correct answers using my boards, but often times I feel it's just coincidence and was not sure,
    but I think I want to give myself some more credit...haha.
    Thank you guys.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @orangebeer said:
    I think I want to give myself some more credit...haha.
    Bingo! :)

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma
    if you end up getting the right answers, i don't think it really matters how you make your game boards as long as you understand it.

i make my game boards different than J.Y's sometimes and it works out fine