Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Proper Drilling?

afelsafaafelsafa Alum Member
in General 164 karma
Hey guys,

So I have the Cambridge packets for LR and I was just wondering what is a "proper" method for drilling weaknesses?

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27853 karma
    Is that full sections or divided by problem type?
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" said:
    Is that full sections or divided by problem type?
    They are divided by problem type/difficulty level.
    @abmustephan said:
    Hey guys,

So I have the Cambridge packets for LR and I was just wondering what is a "proper" method for drilling weaknesses?
    I also use the Cambridge Packet Set (PTs1 - 38)

For LR, when I'm learning a new type of problem, I do maybe 20-30 of the problem type over the span of a couple days.

For drilling in general, I use full sections, but for weaknesses, I'll review the lessons on the question type/strategies that are giving me trouble, then do as many questions of varying difficulty before I get it.... Usually I do sets of 15-20 and then review them.

I like the Cambridge packets, but be careful not to burn through them. When you have a packet of 250 N.A. questions it is really easy to just do 50 or 100 without really making sure you're improving your understanding of NA questions.

Also, do be careful to not solely drill from the packets. You want to get in tons of mixed review as well. You want to get good at switching from one question type to another really quick. That is one big downside of the packets I think - not getting good at going switching from one question type to another.
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    Exactly ^ Cambridge packs are awesome but if you solely work with them you'll have difficulty with PTs because the LSAT mixes all question types.