Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How long should your personal statement letter be?

BreeBreeBreeBree Member
in General 219 karma
Hey! So, I was wondering is there a length requirement or suggested length for personal statement letters? mine is almost two pages long, is that too long?

Comments

• DEC_LSATDEC_LSAT Alum Member
    edited November 2016 760 karma
    depends on if it's interesting .... if it's a lot of fluff then it's too long. If you've only included things that are clearly relevant then it's fine. is it double spaced or single spaced? how many words in total? mine is a little over 1000 words.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @BreeBree said:
    Hey! So, I was wondering is there a length requirement or suggested length for personal statement letters? mine is almost two pages long, is that too long?
    2 Pages is the standard. Be sure to double check the schools you're applying to though.
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    I'm not sure there's a minimum for schools, David Busis essay was only 450 words for Yale Law for example. Two is perhaps the standard but I've recently heard of a few schools saying they would like a 3-4 pg. statement (UBerkley). So it all comes down to what the schools you're applying to would like to see.
  • Burt MacklinBurt Macklin Alum Member
    170 karma
    David Busis recommend 600-850 words. You can see the notes I took from his webinars in this thread: https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/8187/notes-from-david-s-webinars