Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LG to focus on before December

sweezyseasonsweezyseason Member
in General 262 karma
So my LR is pretty decent, LG is definitely one of my strongest sections, and my reading comp score is really quite sad. I think my best bet before the December exam is to nail down my LR and LG as best as I can so I really want to practice the hardest questions of all time. Any recommendations of which logic games to focus on and maybe even some tough LR questions?

Comments

• Not Ralph NaderNot Ralph Nader Alum Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    edited November 2016 2098 karma
    @sweezyseason I am not sure about the strategy that you want to pursue, other people can comment on that better than me; but regarding LG I think focusing on the game type that give you the most trouble would help. Other thing I would try, is finishing LG section well under allowed time to have some extra time to deal with the wired game that they gonna through at us during the test and the extra time is one of the most effective way to deal with the shock factor of the hard game.
  • SeriousbirdSeriousbird Alum Member
    1278 karma
    I'd like to know the answer to this also. I've been focusing on the LG from 1-40 drilling them until I have mastered each game. I'm just finishing up the last chapter which is all the weird/pattern games.

My friend said I should skip the 40s/50s LG bc their easy and focus on the 60s LG. Anyone have thoughts about this?
  • sweezyseasonsweezyseason Member
    262 karma
    @"Not Ralph Nader" Thanks for your input after reading what you posted I've tried to write a list of the game types I have found most challenging and I'll focus my attention on those. I am still curious about any games people may have found especially challenging that I can try as I have not had a chance to review each and every prep test thus far and have been focusing more on the modern LSATs with the time that I have
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @sweetsecret said:
    I'd like to know the answer to this also. I've been focusing on the LG from 1-40 drilling them until I have mastered each game. I'm just finishing up the last chapter which is all the weird/pattern games.

My friend said I should skip the 40s/50s LG bc their easy and focus on the 60s LG. Anyone have thoughts about this?
    I don't think you should skip the 40s or the 50s unless you are running out of time. And even then I would suggest postponing. There are important games from both the 40s and the 50s that you will want to see. Perhaps they were on average a bit more formulaic then; but, even so, they are still very useful.

If you're short on time though, I would try to get in at least the 50s...
  • SeriousbirdSeriousbird Alum Member
    1278 karma
    @"Alex Divine" thanks for your input! I'll concentrate on the 50s and 60s then, and if I have extra time I'll do the 40s.