Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Application Process

Chelsea_CatesChelsea_Cates Alum Member
edited July 2014 in General 18 karma
Hey everyone! I've been studying to take the September LSAT and to apply to law schools for the Fall of 2015. I haven't started any apps yet or really done much research (obviously I need to get on this). I have emailed some former professors about rec letters, but I am just hoping to get some helpful advice on where to start in this process. I feel like there is so much to do and I'm overwhelmed! Also, how many schools is everyone applying to? Just curious. Any feedback is welcomed.

Thanks!

Comments

• chrijani7chrijani7 Alum Member
    827 karma
    I don't know if this helps you out or not, but there is a checklist on LSAC website.
    http://www.lsac.org/jd/applying-to-law-school/lsat-cas-checklist

I have not personally applied to law school yet, but I do know that you need to write a personal statement for most schools (I am in Canada, think this is mandatory in the states). You also need your reference letters, your LSAC profile (gpa, background info, etc), your LSAT score, and your personal statement in before the application deadline which is typically November 1st.

Again, I have not personally applied yet, as I am looking to do so after this September LSAT but that is what I have gained from my research. I am Canada so things may be slightly different for the States. I hope this helps.

Also, as far as personal statements go. There is a TON of stuff online, just google Law School Personal statements. TLS has a guide on personal statements which can be found here: http://www.top-law-schools.com/guide-to-personal-statements.html
  • chase62442chase62442 Alum Member
    79 karma
    I think I'm applying to about ten. The schools I would really really want to go to, then some target schools and a couple safety schools. It's hard to figure out where to apply without having my lsat score so I'm going to have a long list of possible schools and narrow it down considerably after getting my lsat score so that I can send out the applications quickly.
  • GraceloverGracelover Alum Member
    440 karma
    Question for all: How soon can I ask my professors to write me a recommendation letter? Even though the application season has not started yet, can I ask them to do it send to the LSAC website now?