Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AB passages: which one is discussed in A but not B question

LSATakerLSATaker Free Trial Member
in General 250 karma
Do you answer those questions by memory or go back to the passage?
Or like...
After you finish reading passage A you go through all questions?

Comments

• Rigid DesignatorRigid Designator Alum Member
    edited November 2016 1091 karma
    I use memory to eliminate some of the obviously wrong answer choices. Sometimes this leaves only one choice left and I'm done. If not, I then use memory to try and recall the part of each section where I saw one of the remaining options discussed. I then check to see if these parts of the passages give me my answer, using memory/skimming to see it's not answered in the other passage. If this works, great. If not, I'd then have to more mechanically check the whole passages. I wouldn't necessarily re-read the passages. I'd try and short-cut to the answer. This would involve skimming for key words, recalling what each paragraph was about, etc. Only failing this would I completely re-read, but at that point I'd probably have used so much time I'd consider moving on (unless I'm good for time).
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma
    @LSATaker said:
    This is what I do. There will be a question or two I may can answer, there'll be a few I can't even approach, and the rest I'll be able to eliminate several wrong answers. It makes for a pretty good haul, and it allows me to entirely avoid the traps where they try to make me confuse which passage something came from.
  • LSATakerLSATaker Free Trial Member
    250 karma
    Thank you both,

@"Cant Get Right"
    So does this mean you read the question stems twice? Will it not waste time?
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma
    It takes a little longer, but I think what time is lost rereading the questions is more than made up for by being able to fly through them. Not to mention increased accuracy!
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" said:
    @LSATaker said:
    This is what I do. There will be a question or two I may can answer, there'll be a few I can't even approach, and the rest I'll be able to eliminate several wrong answers. It makes for a pretty good haul, and it allows me to entirely avoid the traps where they try to make me confuse which passage something came from.

This absolutely makes such a difference! I think you taught me to do this months back @"Cant Get Right"