Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Realistically, what am I looking at after first timed test?

julsnet2julsnet2 Member
in General 72 karma
Just finished my first timed practice LSAT after having finished core curriculum. I never did the diagnostic one timed so this really was the first ever long testing, timed, sit down session I had with the LSAT, so throw in some factors of some mid-test stress about time and what to do, whether to skip or not etc. I got a 157, and then got a 166 after blind review (did this all in one day). Realistically, am I going to get better with both scores? Do people learn to navigate the time better and the timed test scores increase? Or am I going to lurk in the general area of what I just got in regards to the timed test? What are your experiences

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @julsnet2 said:
    Realistically, am I going to get better with both scores? Do people learn to navigate the time better and the timed test scores increase? Or am I going to lurk in the general area of what I just got in regards to the timed test? What are your experiences
    Everyone gets better with both scores as they take more tests, BR, and drill weaknesses. You'll see improvement, but it takes work!

Congrats on a strong start! Also, who knows, you may have increased 20 points, but without a diagnostic, we'll never know, haha.

• EmmaWI88EmmaWI88 Alum Member
    213 karma
    I got the same thing I believe on my first PT after taking the curriculum. Yes you will improve. Unfortunately there are no shortcuts to any of this. But it's all very possible and doable.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27858 karma
    @julsnet2 said:
    Realistically, am I going to get better with both scores? Do people learn to navigate the time better and the timed test scores increase? Or am I going to lurk in the general area of what I just got in regards to the timed test?
    I mean, compared to potential, I think we all pretty much suck at taking the LSAT the first time straight out of the curriculum. You're only just getting started and if you do this right, you're going to really kill it. That's a phenomenal post curriculum PT!