Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm a dope...

So I feel so stupid, but here is the deal, I've been scoring -6ish on LR, -3-6 on LG and -10ish on RC, generally scoring around a 157 on PTs. So I haven't been using a highlighter on RC and for the first time tonight I did and my score improved drastically (-5). I am planning on taking the LSAT this Saturday, my question is, is using a highlighter for RC a game changer? I honestly feel confident now that I can score in the 160s by using a highlighter on the RC section. Did using a highlighter on RC change anyone else's scores big time? Whooo!!! Good luck 7sagers!!!

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @youngprophetable said:
    I am planning on taking the LSAT this Saturday, my question is, is using a highlighter for RC a game changer?
    If it is working for you, perhaps it is a game changer!

Maybe try to do a few more RC sections with the highlighter to see if it was an anomaly. If it continues to work for you, take a highlighter to the test!

Good luck
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27822 karma
    Yeah man, go for it! I tried the highlighter thing and it wasn't for me, but you do you!
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    @youngprophetable said:
    I honestly feel confident now that I can score in the 160s by using a highlighter on the RC section. Did using a highlighter on RC change anyone else's scores big time?
    That's great! What did you highlight differently from your previous markings? Or was the marking the same, just highlighting made it stand out more for you?
  • Well previously I would only do a "road map" on the side of the passage; however, I now realize that the highlighter not only saves me time (rather than writing on the side), but it also allows me to capture more in terms of details (i.e., key words, authors feelings, etc.).