Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Speed on Sequencing Games

Connor180Connor180 Member
edited December 2016 in General 123 karma
Hello everyone... quick question...

I am starting to (finally) be at the point where I can get most questions on LG correct. With inn out and grouping games I am starting to get within the target range with the right accuracy....

However, for some reason, there are certain sequencing games where I just take like 3-4+ minutes too long to do them. What's helped me with speed with other games is really pre-phrasing the answer choices and knowing where to look on some games when the question is a "could" vs a "must." However, I'm still slow with certain of these games. There is just too much of me writing things out (like multiple hypothetical game boards with multiple options on each) and not enough ways to anticipate the answer choices (or maybe I'm thinking about it wrong?)

Wondering how you guys got quicker on the sequencing games ?

Thanks, love the forums here. I should post more but you guys are awesome and give such great advice and I can't match it.

Comments

• nessa.k13.0nessa.k13.0 Inactive ⭐
    edited December 2016 4141 karma
    You should definitely check out this post. It lays out a detailed way to foolproof the logic games https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/2737/logic-games-attack-strategy/p1 I hope this helps:)
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @nessa.k13.0 said:
    You should defiantly check out this post. It lays out a detailed way to foolproof the logic games https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/2737/logic-games-attack-strategy/p1 I hope this helps:)
    Yup - I just fool proofed the games and eventually became very quick at sequencing games. And games are my weakest section! Consistency and tons of repetition!
  • bbutlerbbutler Inactive ⭐
    401 karma
    They're both dead on Pacifico's Fool Proof Method is incredible! Highly recommended!
  • SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10774 karma
    @Connor180 said:
    Wondering how you guys got quicker on the sequencing games ?

I would suggest recording yourself taking the test. I find that it exposes a lot of weaknesses that I didn't think I had. For example, you might think you are spending less time on something, but its actually a lot of time or vice versa.
  • desire2learndesire2learn Member
    1171 karma
    Just hammer your weaknesses over and over. Then repeat some more. You will pick up skills along the way. Especially if you let J.Y.'s wisdom be your guide for how to get faster. If you do 20 sequencing games with repeating and learning from J.Y. you will get there (and it might not take that many).
  • Connor180Connor180 Member
    edited December 2016 123 karma
    Thanks for the advice so far everyone!

I just got to keep on the grind. 6 more months (hopefully) !