Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Misbubbling a section

juliekimjuliekim Alum Member
edited December 2016 in General 36 karma
UPDATE***
Got a response back from LSAC and wanted to share in case there are people who are in the same situation as I am:
If you wish to verify or contest the machine scoring of your answer sheet after you have received your LSAT score, you may request a rescoring of your answer sheet by hand. LSAC will not handscore answers recorded in the test book. Requests to handscore your answer sheet must be made in writing and postmarked no later than 60 days after the test date.

Send a letter that includes:

* Your request for handscoring and your reason for the request
* your name, LSAC assigned identification number
* the test date
* the test center name and code number
* a $100 check or money order payable to LSAC
* your signature

If the handscoring results in a score that is different from the original machine scoring -higher or lower- the revised score will be mailed to you and the law schools to which you apply
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Has anyone misbubbled a section on the test before? I took the December test and saw that in my RC I only bubbled in 26 out of 27 questions. Unfortuantely, realized this while the proctor was collecting the answer sheets. I'm pretty sure I answered question 27, which means I skipped a question and bubbled in my answers incorrectly from then on.

I saw on other online forums that some were successful in getting their scores changed with a re-grading fee, but some were flat out denied the chance. Any advice?

Comments

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10774 karma
    I don't know, but have you tried contacting LSAC about this? Maybe they could tell you the facts.
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    @Sami said:
    but have you tried contacting LSAC about this? Maybe they could tell you the facts.
    This is pretty much all you can do. I always thought that regrades were offered to those individuals who believe that the scantron machine marked some of their answers incorrect due to marked answers that were not erased properly. I could be wrong.
  • juliekimjuliekim Alum Member
    36 karma
    Thanks everyone! LSAC sent me a response back
  • 224 karma
    And?? Whats the response??
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @juliekim said:
    Thanks everyone! LSAC sent me a response back
    Happy to hear this was resolved! Hope everything turned out ok. :)