Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Retake

jimenezja.jjjimenezja.jj Alum Member
edited December 2016 in General 187 karma
I just took the dec 2016 test and I have mixed feelings. I don't feel I did my best so I would like to retake. My question is when should I start studying again? My goal was to take February but realistically September the latest.

Comments

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    edited December 2016 11542 karma
    If it were me I would take these next few weeks to relax my mind, maybe do a few easy sections here and there. Then once scores are released you can get back into the swing of things if you want a retake. Also, since this wasn't a nondisclosed test, you're able to view it once scores come out so you can see where you made big mistakes and what area(s) you should focus on more the second time around. Another thing to keep in mind is the February LSAT is the only LSAT that doesn't let you view the test even after scores are released. I would only consider taking Feb if you're absolutely set on applying this cycle.

All the best :)
  • SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10789 karma
    @jimenezja.jj said:
    My question is when should I start studying again?
    You should start studying whenever you feel you are ready to get back to it. If you need to take a break at the moment, go ahead. Whenever you feel you are ready you can go ahead and start studying again.
  • jimenezja.jjjimenezja.jj Alum Member
    187 karma
    @montaha.rizeq thank you. Yeah, I tend to forget things easily so, I was thinking of just doing some studying nothing aggressive until until I get my score to focus on my weaknesses as you mentioned. Thank you :(
    187 karma
    @Sami I was studying in between moving and starting a new job so I guess I need a little break. Thank you :)
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    @jimenezja.jj said:
    @montaha.rizeq thank you. Yeah, I tend to forget things easily so, I was thinking of just doing some studying nothing aggressive until until I get my score to focus on my weaknesses as you mentioned. Thank you :(
    Hey no problem, but stay positive! we got your back and will support you every step of the way :D
  • desire2learndesire2learn Member
    1171 karma
    If you are not applying this cycle then definitely skip the Feb test. Non-disclosed (which means they don't tell you jack) tests suck. You don't learn nearly enough from them. Aim for June. If you want another take after that one then you have Sept. I would use your off time to set out a schedule of what you will study and how you will prepare between now and June. That way you will have peace of mind about your breaks. Schedule in breaks as part of your plan.
    187 karma
    Thank you all for the feedback and June says like the best option.