Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does one cancel look so bad?

amipp_93amipp_93 Alum Member
in General 585 karma
I already got my target score in sept. I was hoping to improve by 2-3 points in December. But as the others, effed up games, anxiety continued into the 5th.

So does one cancel do any harm??? I mean shit happens right???

Comments

• amipp_93amipp_93 Alum Member
    585 karma
    And if I keep dec and let's just say I scored 10 points low lol how does acdom think about that????
  • bbutlerbbutler Inactive ⭐
    401 karma
    For your specific scenario my recommendation would be to cancel. If you've done enough tests to be able to range your score and its lower, and if you already got your goal score then I don't think it would look good to have a drop. In my opinion it shows better judgment on your part then keeping it based off a hope and a prayer that you got the same score.

You could write an addendum or if you have a meeting with an admissions counselor and they ask explain the situation exactly like you did just now. I got my goal score but I kept on trying to make myself as competitive as possible for XYZ law school so I decided to retake with the goal of improving 2-3 points, I've taken enough tests to have a fairly accurate range and after that test given the LG section I knew my score wasn't going to be indicative of my abilities.