Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Email Box Overload

TheLoftGuyTheLoftGuy Alum Member
in General 690 karma
Since I've taken the December exam my email has been flooded with Fee Waivers and Congratulations emails. This is becoming extremely overwhelming as its making me feel like I knocked it out the park and all the schools are interested in me. LOL Crazy I know because the scores haven't been released yet. But I have received 3x as many emails than September. Cant this be turn off via LSAC?

Comments

• lawschoolstuff16lawschoolstuff16 Alum Member
    328 karma
    You should be able to log into your LSAC account and select that schools are unable to contact you somewhere in the settings. I had the same problem.
  • texvd1988texvd1988 Member
    605 karma
    Out of curiosity, is that an indicator of a good score? The more emails you get the better? Or is that standard practice?
    328 karma
    @vduran1988 said:
    The more emails you get the better? Or is that standard practice?
    Standard practice. Usually schools get a list of emails of students who registered for the LSAT and then send mass messages out. I assume they also get a list of students who took the LSAT and send out messages to them as well.
  • texvd1988texvd1988 Member
    605 karma
    @lawschoolstuff16 said:
    Standard practice. Usually schools get a list of emails of students who registered for the LSAT and then send mass messages out. I assume they also get a list of students who took the LSAT and send out messages to them as well.
    And here I was celebrating the deluge of e-mails I was going to receive.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    Haha good problems to have though, am I right? :)
    328 karma
    @vduran1988 said:
    And here I was celebrating the deluge of e-mails I was going to receive.
    Been there haha. I was celebrating too assuming that it meant they saw my transcripts and liked me. Then I realized that I hadn't submitted applications to schools yet, which means they can't get access to my info and that I'm probably just on a list serv lol.

@"Alex Divine" said:
    Depends on how fond you are of spam emails lol :)
  • desire2learndesire2learn Member
    1171 karma
    Some of these programs are persistent. Especially ones from the state of FL.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @lawschoolstuff16 said:
    @"Alex Divine" said:
    Depends on how fond you are of spam emails lol :)

Lol. touche!
  • TheLoftGuyTheLoftGuy Alum Member
    edited December 2016 690 karma
    @"Alex Divine" said:
    Not good problems at all. I already get over 300 work emails a day. So to through in 10-20 from them is overwhelming.